De-classified photos from msn 14-Stuka at Foggia

DD_Bucky

The tank fires at the stuka rolling down the runway.

i.jpg

and just misses the stuka.

j.jpg

By now the other tanks have arrived and open fire.

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

The stunned stuka pilots finally realize what's happening and exit the game.

Well there you go Enforcer and co,I hope you enjoyed this.

Damn right it can...man, I had no idea that had happened. I thought they were approaching, and never realized that he was fired on by the shermans. A unique situation. I did a similar one in my VVS fighters pt 1 cmpn I posted a couple yrs ago, with you having to take off as german tanks overun the base. Havent seen this kinda thing since.

Definitely a movie subject. This is why I wanted to see ohter perspectives on this....I completely missed this. Very dramatic.

I saw that Marder get hit by the runway. A good shot of that.

Glad you liked it Enforcer,definitely a unique situation as you said.Both Painless and I wanted to know what happened to that stuka, as we both attacked it.When I watched the trk of the stuka,I was amazed at what I saw at the end.I HAD to make a screenstory...(new word)...of this event for sure.Plus it also confirmed that our armour had reached Foggia.

I think that between you and me we cover pretty much everything that happens in these SEOW missions.We seem to be the unofficial photographers of this Italy campaign,imbedded in our respective sides...LOL.

I have more screenstories of the last 2 missions that the Blues haven't seen yet.I'll try to post some more for you guys as they become de-classified...heh heh.....~S~!

I saw all that action on the runway from first hand too, since Bear was my wingman and the pilot of this Stuka.

I already had managed to land my Stuka, after BBloke had shot out my elevator controls, and as I parked up, I saw Bear approaching. As I taxied to a stop, I looked over my shoulder to see his Stuka slowly taxi off of the runway. Then explosions started appearing around his Stuka. Then as I zoomed in on him, I could see one Sherman entering the perimeter of the airfield and firing at him.

So at that point we both quickly disconnected before we lost our aircraft.

We know the locations of all the condos he is planning to build on the Italian coast as well.

I just saw the same thing happen at Foggia as allied planes were landing. Apparently we have some arty somewhere that was shelling the hell out of it. A spit was hit and the tail blown off as it was trying to taxi to park but shells were landing all around it. It burned but I dont think it was lost.

Glad we didn't lose those Stukas GK.

No probs DT, thanks for clearing it up. Because when I landed that Stuka and looked over my shoulder, I thought, "BOLLOX! I managed to limp it all the way home, only for some Shermans to come in to the airfield and steam-roller everything!"

So it's good to see SEOW transferred them correctly, and that we didn't somehow profit through a quirk instead.

Well, Im learning about this seow thingy, and it's fascinating. Lots of difficulty moving ships and vehicles it seems, and some oddness concerning losses. My first kill marking is for an AI 51 that crashed well after I hit it pretty hard, and got an enemy AC destroyed message; however, the SEOW doesnt have it listed as such. So Im cool with learning as much as I can about how this thing works.

Man, even the kill claims situations are realistic in this thing. I hope the SEOW developers eventually improve it a bit.

I also hope we can put a number of cameras in the next one that each side can assign to help wiht movement of objects. They don't slow the FR nearly as much as Ive read they do, as Ive had at least 10 in misns with all sorts of stuff going on in the FMB whle bldg the misn, and there was no noticable difference. That might help with some of the movement problems if we can see what's happening in detail, not to mention the neat screens we could get from that.

I foresee some pretty quick scramble take offs on both bases closest to the front line next misn.

Well, Im learning about this seow thingy, and it's fascinating. Lots of difficulty moving ships and vehicles it seems, and some oddness concerning losses. My first kill marking is for an AI 51 that crashed well after I hit it pretty hard, and got an enemy AC destroyed message; however, the SEOW doesnt have it listed as such. So Im cool with learning as much as I can about how this thing works.

Man, even the kill claims situations are realistic in this thing. I hope the SEOW developers eventually improve it a bit.

I also hope we can put a number of cameras in the next one that each side can assign to help wiht movement of objects. They don't slow the FR nearly as much as Ive read they do, as Ive had at least 10 in misns with all sorts of stuff going on in the FMB whle bldg the misn, and there was no noticable difference. That might help with some of the movement problems if we can see what's happening in detail, not to mention the neat screens we could get from that.

I foresee some pretty quick scramble take offs on both bases closest to the front line next misn.

Alot of neat stuff could be done.

The static cameras potentially pose a problem in that both sides can use them, so a static deep in Blues territory would be visible by Red and thus give certain things away.

However, this could make some sense, particularly is you placed the cameras around populated areas in which spies for either side might reside and give intel.

If you are limited to the cockpit, I assume you won't have them in game so nobody could see them.......I assume. For after action viewing, most of them would probably be in positions where our troops from both sides would be engaged, and would usually see stuff that both sides would see anyway I think.

We use the tracks

Heh heh, yeah, but its nice to be able to see whats going on and get a better tactical sense of whats happening. Perhaps there could be some rules regarding their use, like none on the other side of enemy lines or such. Two or three per side would be cool though.

We have done pretty well though, and weve managed to get some views and screens by manipulation of the camera zoom and angles, though they are kinda limited.

CAnt help but wonder what this kinda program can offer in a few yrs with the new generation of sims we get.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The issues of cameras was one I gave a lot of consideration too during the design and building of this campaign.

I wanted to include them so that the ground war could be monitored. It seemed a shame to have planned for all the ground units to be doing battle with each other and yet no one would see it!

In the end, for reasons of people using them after the event in recorded tracks to spy on enemy positions I choose to leave them out.

Just thought I'd share with the group.

Sure cool. I think there could be an agreement in the future though to put just a few withing x number of klicks of the front line where likely action will be, such as teh bridge that is under contention now. Maybe just one per side with both commanders agreeing to such maybe.

I think a limited number limited to such restrictions would probably not show much more than what we can see now from the aircraft as far as intel goes.