Other game & my first YouTube video

GreyKnight

Chaps,

When I'm not flying IL-2, I usually enjoy playing this other game called Mount&Blade.

It's a cool game were you role-play a mercenary Knight in a fictional land. You start off on your own, with a few bob in change and a couple of farmers armed with wet loaves as your troops. Then you travel the land taking on relatively easy renegades and bandits, all the way up to dangerous armies of other Knights and warbands. You can even lay siege to castles or defend your own.

You build up your cash by selling the surviving enemy troops you capture on the battlefield and then also selling their weapons.

There are loads of medieval weapons to suite your style. You could be a lethal archer. But I prefer the armoured Knight riding a Warhorse, armed with a lance and sword and shield.

I made a little video of my warband attacking a handful of River Pirates, check it out...

(The video is not the best quality, as I had to shrink it down from 1GB! In this video, on my first attack, you see me lance two guys dead and my horse runs over the last enemy archer. Then as I turn around, I miss lancing another guy, before I turn around and draw my sword. Then I slash that guy dead and I'm just about to kill the last archer, before one of my archers kills him just as I get close to him.)

The game is free to download and play, but once you character gets to level 6, you need to purchase a license to continue. So give it a

No, it's all a single play game.

I currently have a warband of 42 men. About 18 of them are heavy mounted knights like myself. Then I have about 6 to 8 crossbowmen/archers. Then the rest are all heavy foot knights. The mounted knights and myself do most of the hardest fighting. In a battle I just order everyone to follow me as I climb the nearest hill. Then I order the archers and foot knights to hold ground. Then I tell the mounted knights to follow me as I go around the flank or rear of the enemy to attack.

My horse is a heavily amoured warhorse, so it does a lot of damage when running through infantry. You start off with a little light horse at first that will just rear up when you run in to someone. My usual tactic now is to flank the enemy archers and just plough in to them and lancing them. Those I miss with the lance get run over by the warhorse and so preventing them from firing. Then I just turn around and do it again. Plus the rest of mounted knights do the same.

They all have different levels of experience. But my cavalry are elite and most of the foot knights are too.

I also have to pay them a weekly wage and ensure that I have enough rations. Otherwise they get p1ssed and leave. But there's no pain in the ass micro-management. Cash income is not a problem, you just sell off your gains and then you just make sure you've got enough fish/bread/meat in your inventory.

Then you travel the map smacking bad guys around or performing quests for the other lords of the land. There are also arenas in each major castle, where you can fight like a gladiator against other fighters and gain a few bob and experience.

It's a great game to while away the odd time you can't be arsed to play IL-2.

ive actually started from scratch again, i picked the most easiest option of being a son of a noble and what not, and got that silly flag, was way tooooooo easy to get decent armour and weapons and slaughter just about everything in sight. So ive gone for the 3rd option, and my oh my its more fun than it was before.