Some Nights you Just Shouldn't Fly

DoubleTap

LOL....welcome to the club DT.

At one point last week I was 7 and 0 and then 11 and 4 on ZvW for k/d ratio.

Now I'm 21 and 20.

Last night I kicked but and had some 2 kill flights, but always hung around a bit too long trying for more or trying to help others and WHAMMO!

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes your the windshield.

LOL....welcome to the club DT.

At one point last week I was 7 and 0 and then 11 and 4 on ZvW for k/d ratio.

Now I'm 21 and 20.

Last night I kicked but and had some 2 kill flights, but always hung around a bit too long trying for more or trying to help others and WHAMMO!

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes your the windshield.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Great post Glenn, so on the mark.

Real life extends it's influence into our virtual flying, whilst the flying can be a welcome relief if we are distracted by RL then it can a frustrating experience and not provide the light relief we sought.

But it can also be so immersing that during a dog fight, when you are either fighting to save your bacon, or manoeuvring feverishly to get the bogey in your cross hairs, that all else ceases to exist and only the pounding of you heart reminds you of your physical body :).

Perhaps it's just as well such moments come in short bursts!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Great post Glenn, so on the mark.

Real life extends it's influence into our virtual flying, whilst the flying can be a welcome relief if we are distracted by RL then it can a frustrating experience and not provide the light relief we sought.

But it can also be so immersing that during a dog fight, when you are either fighting to save your bacon, or manoeuvring feverishly to get the bogey in your cross hairs, that all else ceases to exist and only the pounding of you heart reminds you of your physical body :).

Perhaps it's just as well such moments come in short bursts!

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ DT,

Know where your comming from M8 !! ;)

The mood your in really affects your flying amongst many other things.

If you've had a crap day you can end up flying for the WRONG reasons....revenge on the human race is NOT a good one !!! LMAO.

Also of course other pilots agendas can affect your time in the virtual skies, it all depends who's there and what they are trying to achieve.

That goes for both friendly AND enemy.

Having more than one string to your bow helps which I know you have in as much as you love the mission building side of things.

It doesn't all have to be about getting great scores all of the time right.

You would have to be a sad git if thats all you were interested in.

I have enjoyed just flying around on a sunset map, just admiring the graphics before now !! LOL

The best thing for me is a sporting "joust" with a like minded pilot, that just can't be beat !! LOL

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ DT,

Know where your comming from M8 !! ;)

The mood your in really affects your flying amongst many other things.

If you've had a crap day you can end up flying for the WRONG reasons....revenge on the human race is NOT a good one !!! LMAO.

Also of course other pilots agendas can affect your time in the virtual skies, it all depends who's there and what they are trying to achieve.

That goes for both friendly AND enemy.

Having more than one string to your bow helps which I know you have in as much as you love the mission building side of things.

It doesn't all have to be about getting great scores all of the time right.

You would have to be a sad git if thats all you were interested in.

I have enjoyed just flying around on a sunset map, just admiring the graphics before now !! LOL

The best thing for me is a sporting "joust" with a like minded pilot, that just can't be beat !! LOL

~S~ Painless