Politics I'm afraid, and swearing.

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

I just became aware of this little gem:

The new measures were implemented after the Home Secretary signed a 'statutory instrument' on July 26. The process allows the Government to alter laws without a full act of Parliament.

The move was nodded through the House of Lords two days earlier without a debate.

It puts into UK law a European Directive aimed at the 'investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime'. But the British law allows the information to be used much more widely to combat all crimes, however minor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1770&ct=5

Entitled 'Big Brother Britain'.

I think it is gosh (bless me Friar)ing reprehensible that a government can pass an edict that effectively allows it to change any law it sees fit at will.

And it will now have full access, and all national and local government departments too, to our 'phone records, both the time date stamp and the content also of any text messages we send.

And in 2009 they will have the same access to our internet activities.

Such is the 'State of Fear' in which we live, whereby we roll over and let the government do what they wish.

On October the 1st they made it illegal for any one under the age of 18 to buy tobacco products.

So we now have a rash of frustrated, irate and nicotine deprived 16 and 17 year olds on the street, legally allowed to indulge the day before but now outlawed.

Politicians in the UK are stark raving mad, having now also proposed that smoking while driving will be illegal, because it takes two hands to light a cigarette.

You can still eat and drink though, and use a hands free mobile.

Want a 4x4?

That'll cost you £300.00 to 'rent the roads' for a year, until they have phased in the £2000 p.a. rent scheme.

Fuel, fine you can have some.

We'll take 58p in the litre in tax, thanks. So don't be surprised if it goes up, and we'll increase it another 4p per litre in the next twelve months too.

But for gods sake don't stop smoking or driving your gas guzzler, the country relies on you to keep it's managements wheels oiled.

Had to rant, the most taxed country in Europe where people will queue at a gas station for an hour in order to deprive the tax man of £3, that being the maximumsaving they would make by filling up an empty tank. Most would have had at least a 1/4 tank or even 1/2. But we sit by mutely otherwise.

I want a revolution in the UK and I want it now!

:knight: :knight: :bg:

OK nervous break down is out of the way, until next time :).

• 1. DDz Quorum

I just became aware of this little gem:

The new measures were implemented after the Home Secretary signed a 'statutory instrument' on July 26. The process allows the Government to alter laws without a full act of Parliament.

The move was nodded through the House of Lords two days earlier without a debate.

It puts into UK law a European Directive aimed at the 'investigation, detection and prosecution of serious crime'. But the British law allows the information to be used much more widely to combat all crimes, however minor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1770&ct=5

Entitled 'Big Brother Britain'.

I think it is gosh (bless me Friar)ing reprehensible that a government can pass an edict that effectively allows it to change any law it sees fit at will.

And it will now have full access, and all national and local government departments too, to our 'phone records, both the time date stamp and the content also of any text messages we send.

And in 2009 they will have the same access to our internet activities.

Such is the 'State of Fear' in which we live, whereby we roll over and let the government do what they wish.

On October the 1st they made it illegal for any one under the age of 18 to buy tobacco products.

So we now have a rash of frustrated, irate and nicotine deprived 16 and 17 year olds on the street, legally allowed to indulge the day before but now outlawed.

Politicians in the UK are stark raving mad, having now also proposed that smoking while driving will be illegal, because it takes two hands to light a cigarette.

You can still eat and drink though, and use a hands free mobile.

Want a 4x4?

That'll cost you £300.00 to 'rent the roads' for a year, until they have phased in the £2000 p.a. rent scheme.

We'll take 58p in the litre in tax, thanks. So don't be surprised if it goes up, and we'll increase it another 4p per litre in the next twelve months too.

But for gods sake don't stop smoking or driving your gas guzzler, the country relies on you to keep it's managements wheels oiled.

Had to rant, the most taxed country in Europe where people will queue at a gas station for an hour in order to deprive the tax man of £3, that being the maximumsaving they would make by filling up an empty tank. Most would have had at least a 1/4 tank or even 1/2. But we sit by mutely otherwise.

I want a revolution in the UK and I want it now!

:knight: :knight: :bg:

OK nervous break down is out of the way, until next time :).

• 1. DDz Quorum
Thats what our hero's from the 40s fought for isn't it ??

~S~ Restless

The self same one's that are now told by some spotty/not spotty jumped up shister that they can no longer smoke,and sup their beer, whilst nestled comfortably against the chimney breast of the fire he fought to keep free 52 years ago....because it is a 'public' place, his favourite pub. The image of which may, or may not, have got him through some desperate times fighting for our freedom.

The same freedom we are willing to just continue to give away. It's time we woke up.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Thats what our hero's from the 40s fought for isn't it ??

~S~ Restless

The self same one's that are now told by some spotty/not spotty jumped up shister that they can no longer smoke,and sup their beer, whilst nestled comfortably against the chimney breast of the fire he fought to keep free 52 years ago....because it is a 'public' place, his favourite pub. The image of which may, or may not, have got him through some desperate times fighting for our freedom.

The same freedom we are willing to just continue to give away. It's time we woke up.

I wonder what the average American would say to paying $100 to fill your fuel tank and not the tank of a 500 cubic inch SUV. ...$100 to fill the tank of what they would class as a "compact".

I wonder what the average American would say to paying $100 to fill your fuel tank and not the tank of a 500 cubic inch SUV. ...$100 to fill the tank of what they would class as a "compact".