Countdown to Duxford

Friar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

on a normal uk insurance policy the "excess" is the amount you commit to pay should you have an accident.

some policys are cheaper if you have a higher excess. i think it is to save the hire company having to go through their insurance because anything less than £500 you would have to pay, it would only be for values over that would the insurance company get involved.

the route from heathrow to duxford is quite easy as far as roads, but it would mean you driving on the London Orbital or M25. Thinking of it as a clock, you get on at about the 9 and drive clockwise to about the 1 and then change to another motorway (freeway) to go towards duxford (M11). the m25 has between 3 and 5 lanes. undertaking is not permitted (although it does happen sometimes)

note: the m25 is one of our most congested/busy motorways

for route planner sites try www.theaa.co.uk or www.greenflag.co.uk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Talking to my brother yesterday, he told me he was getting a 12k (GBP) broadcast quality HD camera on Tuesday of next week.

Hmm...thought I, 'fancy a trip to Flying Legends with it Jon?'

He agreed so long as I made the arrangements with Duxford, which I did.

So we should have some very high quality footage from it, of a quality that is on a par with the discovery channel (his camera is approved by them).

Any one interested?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not quite sure what you are asking Rog. What might we be interested in?

Some nice high quality video mementos, Spitty fly-bys etc. etc.

I will be able to make some smaller lower quality clips, but to truly enjoy it will require burning to DVD.

We'll see what we get, and if enough interest is shown I can upload DVD images to one of my servers and make use of the bandwidth we have.

Talking to my brother yesterday, he told me he was getting a 12k (GBP) broadcast quality HD camera on Tuesday of next week.

Hmm...thought I, 'fancy a trip to Flying Legends with it Jon?'

He agreed so long as I made the arrangements with Duxford, which I did.

So we should have some very high quality footage from it, of a quality that is on a par with the discovery channel (his camera is approved by them).

Any one interested?

Who Knows...

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Rog, I'm interested in an average to poor quality DVD of same ?? !

@ Psycho, you forgot to say we would be naked in the car park, (parking lot :-\) whilst using our finger cannons M8 !! LMAO ;)

~S~ Witless.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm going to use bribery and a little psychological warfare on said bro, to see if I can elicit a change of heart.

How many are confirmed for soiling my carpets Saturday night?

Glenn and I for definite. However, I am not sure that everyone who is going to Duxford knows you are having a party Saturday night. Psycho didn't until I mentioned it to him last Sunday. Maybe time for some communication.

Come to think of it, I am not entirely sure who are all coming to Duxford.

• 1. DDz Quorum

if psycho IS comming on saturday, he has the little problem of a ticket. he could leave it to get one on the door (just in case he doent make it) or

I purchase another one and Glenn sends him his I can then give Glenn his ticket on the day?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well they won't sell out of tickets...

You can of course buy @ the gate, advance purchase saves a fiver.

If required I can pick a spare up for Glenn, and give it to him on Friday.