Random in-flight music

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

And yes this will work with Glenn Miller too :)

Filched from UBI Forums, posted by JRJacobs:

Random InFlight Music

Here's a little VB script that will randomize your music - I did not create it, sombody named PXL did. I only modified it for IL2.

1st rename all your inflight music.

append/paste any three numbers in FRONT of the wav file. (i used "123-")

Paste the following into a text file

const FilesSubdir="samples\Music\InFlight"
Napis = "InFlight Randomizer for IL2 "& dirtobecleaned &"?"
Titulek = "Windows Scripting Host"
Dim intDoIt
Dim fso, fold, ffil, ffilact, num

Randomize
Call Welcome()

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set fold = fso.GetFolder(Fso.getAbsolutePathName("")& "\" & Filessubdir)
Set ffil = fold.Files
For Each ffilact in ffil
num=int(rnd*999)
ffilact.move(fold.path & "\" & string(3-len(cstr(num)),"0") & cstr(num) & right(ffilact.name,len(ffilact.name)-3))
Next

msgbox "Run IL2 and Enjoy"

Sub Welcome()
intDoIt = MsgBox(Napis, vbOKCancel + vbinformation, Titulek )
If intDoIt = vbCancel Then WScript.Quit
End Sub

Close and save the text file

Place it into your "IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles" folder and rename it IL2RandomMusic.vbs (the name's not important the vbs is)

right-click on IL2RandomMusic.vbs select copy, then right-click on your desktop and select create "shortcut".

Now BEFORE you start IL2 run the shortcut and it will RANDOMIZE the first three numbers.

If you wish you can run this from a batch file (FSAuto start enable it ;)) by putting:

cscript IL2RandomMusic.vbs

into a batch file.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Funny how the first person I thought of when I saw that was you!

I'm under orders now to buy a Glenn Miller CD or two, 'Moonlight Serenade' is one of Jane's all-time favourites :)

• 1. DDz Quorum
file names

does that mean:

123-music1.wav

456-music2.wav

789-music3.wav

?

Any 3, so long as the sequence is unique.

222... etc.

Script only uses the first three, remainder of file name is irrelevant.

great, thanks roger, i think that i'll give that a go.

i like to fly to the theme to battle of britain but as the track is only 2 mins or so, putting others in will be good.

S!

BTW,

I picked up the DVD of Battle of Britain the other day. Can't wait to watch it in the home theater. Yee-Haa!!!

Funny how the first person I thought of when I saw that was you!

I'm under orders now to buy a Glenn Miller CD or two, 'Moonlight Serenade' is one of Jane's all-time favourites :)

Miller had two great bands.

The first ran from 1938 until 1942 when he volunteered for the US Army Air Force Band and featured two great singers Marion Hutton http://www.parabrisas.com/d_huttonm.php

and Tex Beneke http://www.bigbands.org/benekebio.htm Both of them great vocalists.

In 1942 Miller formed the US Army Air Force Band and was given his pick of some of the best musicians in the world who were in the Army. It was truly an outstanding orchestra.

If you are going to buy some Miller CD's I would have to recommend you get some of his 1938 - 1942 era orchestra and some of the US Army Air Force Band. I have the complete set of all his music from 1938-42 in a 13 CD collection which cost under $100 when I bought it. I see it is now being offered for £152 on Amazon UK in used nick. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/ ... 38-8324707

The best Army Air force recording I have is http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/ ... 38-8324707

If you would like I would be more than happy to copy some of his best stuff from both bands and burn some DVD discs for you. Just tell me what are "musts" and I will select the rest.