Today's (1-7-2007) SEOW attemp

352nd Persecutor

thanks to all who put in the time and effort to try to get this to work, Im sure the 352nd were looking forward to this as much as the dogz and hopefully we can get the necessary changes in place to allow this to go ahead.

the dogfights were good fun and S to all involved

delta

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks for the post Deacon, I know I can say that the K9'ers are looking forward to this as much as the 352nd.

On the positive side, the teething troubles having been experienced we are now in a much better position to get this working smoothly.

~S~ to all at the 352nd for their efforts too :).

The fight afterwards was some of hte best fun Ive had since I started flying wiht the Hounds about a yr or so ago. I mean, that was great. A sky full of fuckers trying to kill my ass........and doing a fair to midland job of it. I mean, I kept getting my ass handed to me (especially by some guy name Rooster....'I say look at me when Im talkin to ya boy'.........

I kept getting shot to shit in my Corsair with my blue honduran paint job, got straffed three times on take off. Was doing ok once when my engine got shot out and froze just as I lifted off, so I set it back down rather well, but couldnt stop and went into the trees.

At the end, I FINALLY was getting revenge, scoring some 20mm hits on a Ki-84 (i think), and we went vertical with me lining him up, when they all seemed to leave simultaneously.........I mean, the Damn Thunderbirds couldnt do any more precise timing than that. Just as I fired............he disapeared........AAAAHHHHHRRRGGGGHHH !!!

So then I tried to land my shot up corsair.........and for the first time I discovered that my throttle was stuck on max and was overheating. Somehow I managed to time it right and killed my engine on approach and set her down dead stick, waiting till the last moment to drop traou, I mean gear.

I actually managed to land quite well that way. Its only when the engine is running and theres no damage that I crack up...........or forget to lower my gear.