Windows 10 - Upgraded From Windows 7

FoolTrottel

Hi all, 

Further to my earlier post following my upgrade from 7 to 10, I have now discovered a few more problems which you may wish to take into consideration before deciding whether or not to upgrade at the moment.

I have the Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS system and Combat Rudder Pedals with the latest drivers and HUD software installed.

As previously stated, after upgrading I had to re-assign all axis's for each of my games - bear in mind this will be necessary on a per-plane basis for DCSW - quite a task so, for the time being I have just done my SU-25T.

Having done this, I thought everything was OK but then I discovered some of the buttons on my stick don't work 'in-game' anymore. e.g. trigger, pinky and small button behind it. On the throttle, once again, some buttons don't work 'in-game'. e.g. red button (assigned to PTT for Teamspeak) and, for some reason toggle switch (SW6) - all the other toggles work fine?

I mention 'in-game' because everything works when tested in the HUD software although some single key commands are constantly repeated. (This behaviour appears to be intermittent).

I believe Saitek are aware of these issues and say that new drivers/software will be released but there is no indication as to when!  

In the meantime, despite warming to Windows 10, I am considering rolling-back to Windows 7 where I know everything works properly.

Hi Snacko,

I was waiting for you to turn up....err... well, with the upgrade, Helios was already there (haven't needed to actually install it so can't say) but there is a 'Helios' issue caused by the reassignment of controllers. This only applies if you have a physical controller/switch linked to a virtual switch in the Helios profile. Let's say you have set it up so that when you flick a toggle on the X-55 throttle, a switch on the touchscreen changes position. This will no longer work until it's been fixed. In this case, when you 'open' the Helios editor, you'll notice the original interfaces don't work anymore - the row of red lights for each button etc, is no longer there. You have to 'add a new interface' for each controller you wish to use (notice they all have a '1' after there name now). You then have to 're-do' the appropriate 'action' (e.g. the binding between the physical and virtual switch) and it will then work... hope this makes sense / it can be difficult to put some things into words. You may not have used Helios in this way but I mention it just in case someone else finds this useful.

I did the upgrade on a laptop just to play around with.  But as I've said before, I am not Bill Gates Beta Tester.  I'll leave that up to you and others.  I have learned a lot just from reading posts about problems so far.  As soon as Saitek get's their act together (not holding my breath..), and some patch fixes this controller ID problem, I'll look into installing Win10 on my main rig.  But that will be a while.  ;-)