Hewwooo

Just been playing around with shadow play and its cool.But my question is can the camera activation key F10,ALT+F9 be assigned to keys on my warthog hotas if yes I hope its not some complicated script set up that a mere mortal can not understand and its only for the Gods to do ?

Ive tried that but the seeting seems to screw all my in game controls up when I run the warthog GUI which is about all I understand with the software the scripting is a mystery to me

Maybe when you run Target it combines the throttle and stick. I think that at the beginning of the profile set up you can select which TM devices it applies to. I will have a play with mine tonight. Fnar Fnar.

Yes you are right Crash but when I deselect the throttle in GUI the trigger button is not recognised in the device monitor thing me bob but when the throttle is selected in GUI it is .I assigned the trigger button for alt+f9 in the profile but it don't work don't figure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What key presses are you trying to program? And to what buttons? Also is the button "latched"? That is press key to start and the next key press to stop? while at the same time the same button is to stay down as long as its held?

You can manually start/stop recording. Problem is, you press trigger once to start recording, second press it stops so you need a separate key to actually start the recording and keep it going.

I use JoytoKey to program a key.

Probably a better way is to use the Shadow Time function.

If I understand it correctly (haven't tried yet) when you hit the key bound to "save shadow recording" it will save the previous segment of time before you hit the button up to 20 minutes. Whatever you have the shadow time clock set to.

So you would bind a key to that and then after the kill or ground attack is complete you hit a key and it will save the previous few minutes of gameplay - much easier as I often forget or don't have time to start if surprised.

Totally sucks I can't get it to work in IL2 46.

ShadowPlay gives you everything you need to chronicle your amazing gaming conquests with very little perf hit.

• Powered by Kepler's dedicated hardware H.264 video encoder
  • Records up to the last 20 minutes of gameplay in Shadow Mode
  • Records unlimited length video in Manual Mode
  • Outputs 1080p at up to 50 Mbps
  • Results in minimal performance impact (less than 10%)
  • GeForce GTX 650 or higher desktop GPU required

I can't get it to work in IL2 1946 either.  Is it because '46 runs in Open GL and all the more modern stuff is DirectX ?   Do like it though.  The latest beta allows movies to be uploaded at 1080p.

I'm hoping this will give some idea of the current state of BoS and its effects. 

• 4 weeks later...

Video made yesterday and uploaded to YouTube over night.  Nvidia ShadowPlay = freakin' brilliant! :thumbsu:

I've story-boarded what I want to do then flown the scenerio with the track recorder on.  Unlike the ntrk system in IL2, RoF and BoS has a rewind facility. :P   This saves soooo much time and farting about!  I'm working on a CLoD movie too but for that I need a stopwatch and double the time to produce it.

Simply record the scenes you want from the track in ShadowPlay.  Open Windows Moviemaker and add the clips in the order reqiured then let Moviemaker join 'em up, compress it and save it in my videos library where it can be uploaded to YouTube.

• 11 months later...

Hot damn Crash, good find.

My setup didn't allow me to click the desktop capture option. I see that's a bug that's been fixed in the last update.

I still can't enable desktop capture on my GTX 760. Anyone else?

FOUND IT!

You must have an Aero Theme running in Windows, otherwise "allow desktop capture" is greyed out.

It does capture the desktop but does nothing when IL2 is running in OpenGL.

The icons and stuff show up when I run IL2 in DirectX and it does record the game however,  when I run it in DirectX my Freetrack head tracker doesn't respond unless I slave it to the mouse, creating all kinds of strange movements, drifting, and vertigo.