Real Or Fake?

Perfesser

• 2. Administrators

Real - allegedly shot during carrier trials for the 33. Whether an intentional late abort or not is another matter.

Of course, he's not actually pulling a cobra manouver here, it is a high-alpha climbout though (albeit briefly). The power-to-weight ratio here is quite something!

Jabo

The thing has to weigh 10 or 12 tons. Imagine the power arresting the descent and accelerating up. He didn't give throttle till almost on the deck if the sound sync is correct in the vid

• Empty weight: 18,400 kg (40,600 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 29,940 kg (66,010 lb)

FB that chopper vid is amazing skill but dangerous enough.

Much like I tell them at work when they say "you can't do that"

"You mean you can't, much depends on the violinist".

• 2. Administrators

FB that chopper vid is amazing skill but dangerous enough.

Much like I tell them at work when they say "you can't do that"

"You mean you can't, much depends on the violinist".

Oh yeah, the guy must be nuts, but sure is skilful!

As far as i can remember that was a fail drill. Now, also saw somewhere (correct me if i`m wrong) that the thing for landings on deck for every pilot Russian, American or any that has same type of landing on final has low power on descent to deck but when wheels touch the deck and hook is caught on line, pilot throttles up in case of line failure.  My opinion is that every two engine plane like F-14/15 Mig-29 Su-27/35 has broad enough fuselage to perform such a maneuver. Only thing that makes great difference is that Russian planes are more stable at low speeds and high AoA 

For example is the damaged Israeli  F-15 successfully landed after wing being snapped of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkB7V-JybY