For You Uk'ers: New Bank Of England Head...

JensenPark

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/11/26/pol-finance-minister-flaherty-ppp.html

The colonials are coming to help out the Mother country again.

You are very fortunate...Mark Carney is an absolute brain. If anyone can help drag you out of recession and keep you out it it is him. He'll stay out of politics and run the bank for the betterment of the UK as a whole...and for the long term.

And, btw, he grew up and went to school here in Edmonton close to where I live.

you'll also note that a Canadian runs the Royal Mail, Canary Wharf, Selfridges, Heathrow Airport, Vue Entertainment and HSBC Holdings.

And here you thought all of us Canucks coming over during the war was to help.

We were there to set up a beach head. We are just not in that much of a hurry to take over.

You can try to escape our control by a ticket for the National Lottery or taking the high-speed rail line to France, but Cdn companies own those.

Bwu ha ha.

(and as soon as we can find a spare 5 quid note, we're buying Painless as well).

• 2. Administrators

you'll also note that a Canadian runs the Royal Mail, Canary Wharf, Selfridges, Heathrow Airport, Vue Entertainment and HSBC Holdings.

He (or in the interests of Fairness, she) must be pretty darn busy.

I'll go get my coat.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Frankly, i couldn't give a damn if they come from Timbuktu, if they're the best person for the job....................... even if they were French........

Joking aside, we live in a global world these days after all.

However, i pity the Canadian in charge of Royal Mail, the last bastion of unions in the UK (what, work five days a week, no we're going on strike......).