Jump to content
NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×
DangerDogz Forum

delta7

3. Danger Dogz
  • Posts

    3,595
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    164

Everything posted by delta7

  1. Some pics from flanders First set are for our Canadian colleagues, memorial to canadians who died in first gas attack Second group is the actual field hospital that they operated on the casualties, it was like 4 small cellers. Last is Tyne cot cemetery at Passchendaele we will remember them S
      • 1
      • Thanks
  2. Thanks to all, looks good
  3. Yes that sounds good, just wanted to keep up the momentum, we have a habit of letting things slip, but that soundsike a good plan
  4. Are we moving any further forward with this? If we agree to fenrirs proposed dates then we should perhaps move to next stage of advertising these and trying to get more participants, both internally and externally. Perhaps we can get a couple of volunteers to champion the 2 main sims ,box and dcs, post on forums and be a point of contact. We also should look at hosting, we are very reliant on FT, id say overreliant , and while he is generous and willing to give his time perhaps we should have others willing and able to take up the task of hosting should it be needed. I am aware that I am asking others to step up while not able to do so myself, so I do apologise for this, I would help more but due to a combination of personal circumstances and my pc still acting up a bit I am unable to help as much as I would like.
  5. Im happy with fenrirs suggestion
  6. I also think this is a good idea, flying il2 in planesets/campaigns that differ from BoX. So that might include, mediteranian campaigns, pacific campaigns, norway campaign, baltic campaigns, civil war/early war campaigns. Lots of interesting aircraft , my personal fav is mediteranian and would get us away from focusing on bastoign missions and freshen il2 46 up. Of course this would need support from hosts.
  7. It is important we find out the reason for the low numbers Are people getting distracted for personal reasons or just wanting a change from routine or dont like types of missions we fly? This reduction in numbers has significance for squad funding and what we can support. One further thought, if it doest effect funding then is this not really only a concern if the hosts are fed up with low numbers and dont feel it is worth their time? If hosts are happy to put up with low numbers then there should not be an issue, I dont think you will be able to get any agreement to reduce the sims we fly to concentrate numbers ,as there are too many individual preference s. I would recon that the only practical tweak is which days we fly which sim so good to have poll up on seperate thread to try to get best balance.
  8. Bit wooly as things are changing but just now before full bodenplatte. 1 il2 2 box 1 sunday 2 tuesday ( bit irregular in attendance just now but still my preference) 3 wednesday 4 friday (sometimes) 5 cant commit to others apologies Im noy going to able to commit to tuesdays in near future so down to 2 days I can commit to regularly
  9. Unfortunately we are dropping numbers of active squad members and increasing options of sims so imho we wont ever get back to large numbers flying together. As long as hosts are willing I will fly il2 and box, others dont interest me.
  10. Yes thats what I gathered from some research, but what to do, I probably should upgrade to win 10 and upgrade graphics but then id be as well getting new pc. I was considering gaming laptop but there are issues with these so im a bit undecided on best action to take. Ill probably carry on till year end and see if there are any black friday sales and treat myself to a new rig for Christmas.
  11. Well seemed to be working now but a bit ugly especially clouds. Ill slowly turn up settings to see if I can get balance
  12. I have checked all my settings and now have them at jasons recommended here https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34764-jasons-quick-guide-to-3001-graphics-smoothness/page/3/ all I needed to do was was reduce preset and clouds and seems to help a bit on single player, will check multiplayer later
  13. Thanks crash, there are a few threads already on the issue and I have tried all solutions apart from reinstalling game ?
  14. thanks FT i have tried with and without mods and no difference need mods on as squad uses them anyway
  15. Ever since the last patch I have been having freezes. It is defiantly a graphics issue as it happens both on and offline and mostly at start of missions when everything is loading, one it settles its ok or if I refly a mission it settles but with odd stutter I have scanned forums and done all the suggested fixes to no avail. I run a nvideav1050ti ,and it looks like problem isn't going to be resolved, does anyone run ati cards and if so do they have any issues? I'd be gutted to have to buy new card as 1050 is relatively new
  16. delta7

    Laptops ??

    Thanks for replies, it is difficult to think about moving but with both sons now away to university, the house is too big and time for change. I also have to factor in that sons will return home in summer so will have "spare" bedrooms for a large part of time but then evicted from them in summer, ? . I will post something over on BoX and see if there are any advantages/ issues with gaming laptops. S Dave
  17. delta7

    Laptops ??

    I would still use a monitor and joystick etc when flying but that is small percentage of normal use and when not in use all sim gear would be stored away so thought that laptop might be better use of space,
  18. delta7

    Laptops ??

    Does anyone here use a laptop for sim? I am thinking about upgrading and want to downsize to flat next year so wonder if its a good option? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated I only really play il2 and box and some driving Sims, I'd like to play forza 4 as its set in scotland
  19. flew it last night , thanks FT
  20. I dont think I have a broad scots accent, in my head im a smooth sean Connery ?
  21. Good vid Arthur, that was good fun, but its surprising how different you sound on mike compaired to how you think you sound ?
  22. I only play il2 46 and box and I think the numbers are ok for these, are the dcs or clod much greater that would justify changes.? Id hate to drop either of these two and I wont fly the other two.
  23. books will be posted today or tomorrow morning
  24. No idea how to turn off pm ill try to pm you for address to work out costs Dave
×
×
  • Create New...