Doubletap's First Real Movie Finished

DoubleTap

Okay, Roger,

I finished my movie, and using Divx, I got the 4 and a half minutes to squeeze into 62MB. Are we able to host that, or should I put it on a 3rd party site. Either is fine with me, but does anyone have a suggestion which site would work best?

• 1. DDz Quorum

:(

I can't find my flash drive!

Mind you, amazing thing is it did survive a wash cycle...as did my daughters Creative MP3 player too.

Impressive stuff this solid-state storage thingy.

Okay,

I sent it to Roger via usendit. I have looked at it in both Realplayer and WMP and it seems to play out fine at home.

A little background may be in order, though. I did this as a going away present for Lori, a co-worker who is leaving us to work for the Girl Scouts. Thus, its a bit of an inside joke, although the storyline's simple enough.

Someone mentioned making a photo of Lori bailing out of a plane to me, and I thought, "Hmmm, I've got a better idea."

Her's is the only face you see other than my ugly mug in the B-25. Hope you like it.

Glenn

P.S. I will look into posting other video's offsite when I make them, as I realize it could cream our bandwith limits. Because of the use of company logo's and the fact people at work know I made this, I would prefer not to post it publicly. (Yes, I know that a file unleashed is like a virus, but at least I have plausible deniability...)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Link will be posted in the Joint Operations room, should restrict the 'advertising' a bit.

Amongst the many tasks I have yet to complete is a protected area that we log into to download/upload files.

Controlling this area to DD's/K9ers will help to preserve our bandwidth, our allotment is quite generous though. This movie could be downloaded 1500 times before we hit our limit :)

Excellent :)

Looked good full screen @ 1600 x 1200 too, compression was very good artifacts weren't distracting :)

Roger,

Thanks. But, did you see alot of artifacting, like smears or tears? The version I have is actually pretty clean, although I don't think I viewed it at that resolution.

Let me check myself, Glenn suddenly thinks...

Excellent :)

Looked good full screen @ 1600 x 1200 too, compression was very good artifacts weren't distracting :)

Roger,

Thanks. But, did you see alot of artifacting, like smears or tears? The version I have is actually pretty clean, although I don't think I viewed it at that resolution.

Let me check myself, Glenn suddenly thinks...

Huh, that damn thing won't play on my computer at CNN, AGAIN, even though it play at home. Let me know if anyone else has issues with the clip. I may need to send a different copy.

Okay, the reason it would not play at CNN was that the PC did not have the Divx codec, which is what I used to compress it. Works now.

Dawn.jpg

awesome video Glenn!!!!!

Great stuff!

While I was watching your movie, all I could think about is how much you wanted to see that CNN bomber go down in flames at the hand of fox News LOL.

...as they do in the ratings, night after night after night after night.....

LOL Great work my friend!!

Jimbo

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Glenn.

I saw no evidence of tearing, there was some artifact induced smearing on the sky that was static and to be expected.

Running it at it's native resolution the quality was spot on, expanding it full screen was asking a lot. But then I'm like that!

Bear in mind full screen would normally be viewed at the sort of distance on views television at, and as such it looked great :)

Nice work, looking forward to seeing more of the same!

Bandwidth holding up too, currently 869.90 Megabyte out of our total of 10,000 Megabyte :)

Roger,

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a major issue. I am just getting to learn about resolution/compression and how they interact, so I need to take note of any problems.

BTW, is that 10,000mb per month, I assume? I agree we are still pretty low, but then, it did not take too much to get close to 1000. Yikes!

Jim,

Like I said, this video was work-safe. Others....Broo-hah-hah! As it was, my boss took said something like, "Thank God for the girlscouts!" I think he was a little nervous viewing the first part of it. Heh!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes that is our monthly limit, next package up allowed 500Gb monthly but was an additional $60 per month @ $74.95!!

Dedicated hosting, with 1500Gb starts @ $174 :lol: I'll have three of them then guv.....!!

So the videos will have to be rationed sadly, I can see why sites have subscriptions and advertising to stay around.

Yes that is our monthly limit, next package up allowed 500Gb monthly but was an additional $60 per month @ $74.95!!

Dedicated hosting, with 1500Gb starts @ $174 :lol: I'll have three of them then guv.....!!

So the videos will have to be rationed sadly, I can see why sites have subscriptions and advertising to stay around.

No problem. Video is a HOG, nomatter how you slice it. I will host stuff on third party sites when needed. If I am able to really get a bunch of stuff done, I'll look into setting up a site to host it, which I can then link to...

Good first movie. Enjoyed the heck out of it. The only real (niggling) complaint was the stutters. Did you record the movie at half speed? That seems to be the consenus among the moviemaker community. apparently it keeps the stutters down.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to your next effort.

Good job m8! :D