Please Help: Converting Movies To View On Apple

JensenPark

Hi all:

Serious help here please:

One of my co-workers who I've known for years is in a cancer ward...maybe 2 months left at best.

We bought him an Ipad 2 to watch movies on but want to load it with movies from my windows computer (I have a zillion .avi, etc)

Anyone know best (free) program to convert these to something viewable on an IPad?

Thanks guys.

Hi all:

Serious help here please:

One of my co-workers who I've known for years is in a cancer ward...maybe 2 months left at best.

We bought him an Ipad 2 to watch movies on but want to load it with movies from my windows computer (I have a zillion .avi, etc)

Anyone know best (free) program to convert these to something viewable on an IPad?

Thanks guys.

Might be worth a go Cnet ps any news on Duxford?

trying it now...boy it is slow though.

Try something called MPEG stream clip for the MAC.

http://www.squared5.com/

We use it at work, and it's fairly easy to use. It might still take a while because converting a two hour movie in high quality video is a lot of processing.

It does have it's limits. Last time I tried to convert FRAPS video with it to MOV files, there was a CODEC issue that forced me to use something else.

DT

couple of suggestions:

video player: AVPlayerHD

video converter: HandBrake

player / converter: Air Video - good reviews

player: VLC - (If you have VLC installed, then in iTunes on the computer, go into the iphone, go to the apps section, scroll down to the file sharing, select VLC, then drag and drop into the panel on the right, i do this daily, it's brill.)