Here We Go Again.....

Oldtimer

Hi guys,

I have a working copy of 4.10.1. Now all I need is a working copy of RC4! Could somebody give me some (idiot-proof) guidance please. Like exactly what version I should be applying the RC4 patch to and what configuration is required. Many thanks.

Nice to see you back OT.

Jabo

Thanks Jabo, nice to be back. I aim to fly at least once a week.

IF I can ever get fully patched up..... Seem to have a working RC4 now, but only 4 mods. Can I copy the mods over from my 2.01 install? And do I need to install the Dogfight server?

• 1. DDz Quorum

IF I can ever get fully patched up..... Seem to have a working RC4 now, but only 4 mods. Can I copy the mods over from my 2.01 install? And do I need to install the Dogfight server?

Only 4 mods is correct OT. When flying with us, enable 'UP RC4' ONLY, otherwise there could be issues.

Copying over Mods may be a bit fraught with complications due to compatibilities - no definitive answer I'm afraid. I have some additional mods in a '#UP#' folder that I created in the main folder - that's the way it's done in this UP.

No, you don't need to install the dogfight server. You, like most of us, are a 'client'.

Cheerzen

• 2. Administrators

Can I copy the mods over from my 2.01 install?

Yes and no, some of the old mods do work, I think Fruitbat and others are developing lists of viable mods. Either wait for that or try them out yourself. Personally I've gone for the 'stock' RC4 which includes things like hakenkruz etc and looks pretty good as is.

And do I need to install the Dogfight server?

Depends on whether or not you want to host dogfights.

Jabo