My Local Airfield

BluBear

After cracking my ribs last Saturday in a cycling 'incident', I didn't feel up to doing much the following day.:thumbsd:

But as the weather was glorious, I headed down to the former Lashenden ALG to see what was happening and relax in the sun.:thumbsu:

See my pictures of the day in the gallery

gallery_671_72_143975.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

My wife had her 40th birthday present at that airfield....an hour in a Tiger Moth with the Tiger Club. She flew in G.ASKP. She went up with a pilot called Brendan O'Brien. He has done stuff on one of the satellite channels he was also the preliminary instructor for the tv series about training spitfire pilots.

http://www.johnjohn.co.uk/compare-tigermothflights/html/tigermoth_bio_askp.html

He did touch and go's at some fields he knew, hedge hopping and then when he came back to the airfield did an aerobatic display, doing loops and barrel rolls.

Janet did have a go at flying as well but gave up as she was making them both "sea sick" as she was flying it like a roller coaster.

Headcorn was really busy that day with parachutists as well. Even guys going out of helicopters!. I actually thought it would make not a bad half day out, just watching all the comings and goings.

Salute

Friar