Building A Dogfight Server

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Can anyone take me through the steps required to build a UP 3RC2 dog fight server.

I have seen a post by Crash that linked to a comment that said something about it performing better than running co-ops when on the same pc, thought I'd like to give it a go

• 1. DDz Quorum

There is a special "DogFight Server" download as part of the UP 3 files.

I read somewhere that you need to have installed DF server versions up to 4101?

I think this is different from the normal dog fight map?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Part of the comment was: "You also have better performance if you run the DF server in the SAME PC along with your IL2 client so people can connect without the need for another PC for DF Server."

So that either means install and run the Dedicated Server on your own computer, let it run in the back ground, start 1946 and connect to you own DF server (?)

Either that, or start 1946 (from a separate installation/folder/disk), host a DF map with MDS, alt-tab out, start 1946 once more, and connect to your own DF Map. (That'd be weird, and it just does not work!

One would just as well start 1946 and host a DF Map, and fly on that map ... so, I think he wás talking about Dedicated server... hmmm... are there even UP3RC versions for the dedicated server?)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well our Dedicated server is UP3 RC2 as of yesterday.

I thought the MDS was also a client side mod, and if you set your system up to host a DF it will be a moving DF.. so only one instance of IL2 needed.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense, running dedicated and client on the same box..

I've always had my dedicated dogfight server on a separate machine, right now I don't have one up, been waiting to sort out my left over parts from previous gaming rig, and then install the Final uP3.0 dedicated, with MDS like I had it before.

I haven't read up on it yet, and probably won't till its finalized.

and then have FBD updated and able to provide stats again.

Roger is the Dogz server on a Linux machine, or a Windows, I recall you originally had trouble getting it to work on Linux?