Getting Online

Gothkrieger

Well got online tonite, on Hyperlobby, YAY. Found a lonely little site and got shot down by AI, repeatedly. No Teamspeak, don't have good mic yet, so could not talk to other pilot flying Blue with me, plus I could not see any address info to connect that way, so, have a lot to learn. Anyways, its a landmark. LOL

Well done m8 :thumbsu: A decent hyperlobby server thats usually well populated is "Skies of Valor." It runs on version 4.09modded which if you have UP2.01 installed you can select. The server also runs generally the same settings that we fly on, i.e, closed cockpit, icons and externals on.

Worth a try. You will get shot down a lot but you will certainly shoot someone else down too. :laughing7: Good luck and come fly with us anytime you want.

I still have to figure out why IL2 crashes every once in a while, usually a few times an evening. It usually results in the computer re-booting itself. Sometimes I get that memory dumping message, other times the screen just goes black, the sound in headset sounds like a jackhammer. Both result in the computer re-booting itself, could be annoying in middle of a furball when someone is depending on you etc.

Crashing is usually due to overheating or less likely a poor memory stick

Depending on your motherboard you usually have sensors that monitor procesor temp and graphics card temp so check and see if there is a utility on your PC that you can run to see if the temp spikes prior to the crash. There is freeware programs on the net such as a program called motherboard monitor that does the same thing

A good clean out will help - Pcs clog up a lot with dust - switch off, remove power cord, take off the side panel and use a hairdrier set to cold to blow the dust out then try again

- BE CAREFULL - if you short out the components -by touching them when not earthed- it will be expensive although I have never done this in 10 years

For your memory there is a program called memtest run this to check your memory is ok- if not then get some new memory crucial are good they check your pc and recommend the correct memory to add

Thanks for the help. :angel7:

Have 2 brand new memory chips/card but I may get that tested.

Puter was cleaned when chips were installed, so that should be ok.

Moved puter to increase air circulation and am thinking of placing a fan by vent to increase air flow. The idea or overheating is something I never thought of, considering it has never crashed for that reason, and I have used this puter lots but maybe the sim pushes the system hard.

Moved puter to increase air circulation and am thinking of placing a fan by vent to increase air flow. The idea or overheating is something I never thought of, considering it has never crashed for that reason, and I have used this puter lots but maybe the sim pushes the system hard.

Does it crash when running other programs?

Does it crash when running other programs?

Hey Crash

No, other programs are pretty stable. I have run other games for hours and have had no issues. At first IL2 would crash because I did not have enough memory, it would happen when lots of objects and action would happen. I upped memory to 2 Gig. That seemed to solve that issue. The two 1 Gig chips are brand new and should be Ok but you never know. Now, as then, it crashes, actually it goes to system re-boot, at any given time, sometimes just when launching the sim. I usually just launch it again and its fine. Will run sometimes for hours, then boom. Sometimes I get a blue screen with a dumping memory message, most times its blank screen, accompanied by noise in headset, I don’t touch anything and after about 30 seconds of this lock up it goes to re-boot to desktop along with XP’s fatal error do you want to report message. I usually just start sim again and continue. To me its probably something fundamental to my system and configuration that IL2 has issues with but I am not skilled to solve more than just the most basic of conflicts.