Messing Around Making Vids.

fruitbat

• 2. Administrators

hi guys, been messing around alot recently, making vids from the game in 1080p (very addictive this movie making lark).

been teaching myself how to use adobe premier pro CS5 after having moved on from virtual dub (won't touch windows movie maker because of its shite compression).

heres my latest effort, playing around with titles and a few other bits and pieces, footage is just from a gunnery practise qmb mission i did the other day, as this is more a technical exercise to explore different settings and techniques before moving on to a proper film.

original fraps footage was 4.93 gigs, movie before upload was 271 meg, and of course, looks better before youtube does its own compression on it as well.

this is supposed to be watched in 1080p so best opened in youtube proper rather than watching it here, as you can't select 1080p watching the embedded movie in our forum. It takes little while to stream down in 1080p, but boy does it look better than even 720p.

enjoy!

• 2. Administrators

Looks good.

Lets get together on my days off this week and talk about adobe premier pro CS5.

Why pray tell did you leave the icons on for the film?

I know you have the remover mod.

what days off are you this week?

I have a cunning plan so you can get adobe premier pro CS5 :goodjob:

Now i'm getting my head around the various settings its an incredible piece of software, and like all software, once you get used to where everything is, easy to use. Unsurprisingly it is to video making what adobe photoshop is to editing pics.

re icons, mixture of laziness, and the fact that when people watch at lower res, it can be hard to see where the planes are due to youtube's compression.

if it was the same quality as before i upload, i'd turn them off for sure.

I'm just checking in now before I go to bed.

But I'm off work tomorrow morning through Thursday evening.

I should be home by 7am CST -5/-6GMT

Nice! Wish I could shoot like that.

You can it only takes practice, and a mentor possibly.

As far as I know I think my target practice missions are still in the vault.

Sweper uses them still, and Fastdad does.

I even from time to time still do also.

But Fruitbats way works just as easily with the newer modded QMB

• 2. Administrators

Yes Mick, done with 6DOF using my head to zoom in and out to the gunsight.

Here's another little vid I've just done, teaching myself how to cut segments together, and for Pappy, who supplied the track.

I recorded the whole track from inside the cockpit, and used that as the base edit, adding the external shots over the top, in the correct times. Proved to be much easier than i thought it would be within the editing window, just a case of drag until it matched. The only slight issue i had was removing the sound layer from the internal shots when i edited the external shots on top, but didn't take to long to figure it out.

Think i know everything i need to know now to make a proper film :goodjob:

anyways, here's the new vid,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIg0odUPOs