• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's the feature list: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=15338&sid=d767ae5dd984435f8cc81482efa445a0

Note: YOU MUST RUN THE DIRECT-X UPDATE. NO QUESTION.

I got it, runs smoothly on my rig but there are reports of problems with others.

It'll reset your difficulty options and your control inputs so make sure you save them under a different name before updating.

The sun glare is bloody magic!

Yep, good info Fen Sir. There are settings that are new and everyone just have to fiddle about a bit to see what works. I can no longer max it, that's for sure, but the settings I have now looks damn close to full/max. Honestly, if SoW looks anything like this when it comes out, we're in for a treat cuz this is fuckin beautiful. The new sun, shadows, lighting, more AA/AF options. Holy crap Batman! Had to buy the Fokker DVIII just to celebrate. :crazysmile:

Oh, and it looks like they have set the servers to winter now. My flyabouts looks almost like home.

I flew the HP O/400 last night. All I can say is WOW :D ITs incredible. You have to bind more keys of course but I finally did it. It is actually easy to fly. Now what I got to do is figure out how the bomb sight works. Ho ya you can now bind a key to 4 different colour of flare and they shoot to where you are looking. I have also noticed the cloud shading WOW. Awsome guys !

MT

I figured out the bombsite, if you are on auto level it will autocorrect to your target or you can fly the plane from the bombsite view. V takes you to bombsite, N opens the bay doors and B drops a single bomb. I flattened a Bosch areodrome today :) I even got away from the angry hornets nest that I created...until I turned back to engage them again.....I beleive it was flak that blew up my bomber but it was a great deal of fun fighting off the fighters. Shift T puts you in the gun site mode and T takes over control of the gun. ONe of these nights we should do a bomber mission in coop.

David

I figured out the bombsite, if you are on auto level it will autocorrect to your target or you can fly the plane from the bombsite view. V takes you to bombsite, N opens the bay doors and B drops a single bomb. I flattened a Bosch areodrome today :) I even got away from the angry hornets nest that I created...until I turned back to engage them again.....I beleive it was flak that blew up my bomber but it was a great deal of fun fighting off the fighters. Shift T puts you in the gun site mode and T takes over control of the gun. ONe of these nights we should do a bomber mission in coop.

David

Ack for the Bomb sight. Bomber coop mission, I'm all for it :) anytime my friend.

MT

I've had no problems with the new 1.016... can't say I can notice any particular improvements but that probably because my rig can't really handle the higher settings.

Did have one strange bug last night: (cut and paste from RoF community post):

---

I experienced an unusual bug yesterday.

I was in career mode in an S.E.5a when I was shot and injured by a German recon plane. I was able to succesfully land in a field (not an airfield).

I hit ESC and then selected Finish Mission. This put me, as per usual, in the menu which indicated that I was injured but had successfully landed the plane. The next menu offered me the option to fly the next mission.

I do so and... Hmmm, that's odd: there's a mission briefing but not waypoints or icons on the screen; never mind, I'll start the mission anyway.

Hmmm... even weirder: The view is about 1000 feet in the air but there's NO plane!! Just a lovely view of the countryside from the air! No controls respond (there being no plane).

Anybody had this glitch before? Any solution? I'd like to save this career if at all possible.

I've had no problems with the new 1.016... can't say I can notice any particular improvements but that probably because my rig can't really handle the higher settings.

Did have one strange bug last night: (cut and paste from RoF community post):

---

I experienced an unusual bug yesterday.

I was in career mode in an S.E.5a when I was shot and injured by a German recon plane. I was able to succesfully land in a field (not an airfield).

I hit ESC and then selected Finish Mission. This put me, as per usual, in the menu which indicated that I was injured but had successfully landed the plane. The next menu offered me the option to fly the next mission.

I do so and... Hmmm, that's odd: there's a mission briefing but not waypoints or icons on the screen; never mind, I'll start the mission anyway.

Hmmm... even weirder: The view is about 1000 feet in the air but there's NO plane!! Just a lovely view of the countryside from the air! No controls respond (there being no plane).

Anybody had this glitch before? Any solution? I'd like to save this career if at all possible.

Did'nt have any issues.

MT