New System

CaptJackG

Case Antec Nine Hundred Two Gaming Case - Black

Internal Expansion [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 960 Processor (4x 3.20GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

PowerDrive PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking

Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [sOCKET-1366] - Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

Memory 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 - Corsair Dominator

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked - Single Card

Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA

Motherboard[ SLI] ASUS P6X58D-E

Motherboard USB / SATA Interface Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface

Power Supply 850 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-850TX

Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive [10X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black

Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

Here are my new system spec's. Just wanted to see if you guys have any thoughts on this setup. I'm hoping to be able to max out Storm of War.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Capt.

I'm using the same motherboard and very pleased so far, the power supply is also the same brand and size. For memory went with Mushkin 6 GB and the CPU was Intel i7-920.

Yours appears to be bigger (why am I always saying that) and its handled everything without a problem so far. I doubt you'll ever see a stutter with what you have.

Pooka

I have that same memory Jack and like it. But the stock fan that usually comes with it sucks really bad. I finally order a better fan yesterday from Newegg. Here is what it looks like:

35-704-001_h1.jpg

I don't know if this prebuilt computer uses the stock memory cooling. But if it does, and you get a loud noise, don't wait a year like I did. Just replace it, this fan really sucks. I posted a review about it yesterday and all the reviews were pretty much the same.

That's a nice system, Jack. Liquid cooling system would be the Corsair H-50? Nice cooler. About the ram-fan cooler thingy, not necessary if you're not overclocking the ram. Not even necessary if you are, cuz DDR3 runs cold enough as it is. I never used the fans on my DDR2 Dominators, and there were no problems at all. DDR3 runs with even lower voltages = less heat. You're getting the Antec 900 case and that's one of the best cases around when it comes to airflow. It's really a bargain.

Nicely balanced system and it should run well with SoW. Maxed out we don't know yet but in any case you're pretty close. And you got a space heater included(GTX480). :D

Unless you live in a 30+C area with the same temps in-house, you won't need ram-cooling as a normal computer user with a normal case providing normal airflow. Overclockers needed some extra cooling on there before, when running the ram @ 2.2V+ but even then, most clockers saw it as a visual thing, more than a functional one. I ran my DDR2 Dominators without the fans(in fact I never used the fans) at 2.4V once to try and get more speed out of them but they reached the clock-limit long before they overheated. With an Antec 900 case you definitely won't need those tiny fans on there. Directly over the motherboard sits a 200mm exhaust fan.

A more silent solution for you Snacko, if you feel you need it, might be the Antec Spot-cool: http://store.antec.com/Product/cooling-cooling_fan/spot-cool/0-761345-75018-9.aspx

Great little cooler that you can adjust in any angle you like. Works wonders.

Nice Jack, I am sure you will love it. Kimo is spot on about the ram cooling issue, passive cooling is more than plenty with DDR3 even when overclocking. I pumped my system (i7 920/12gb Corsair Dominator ) up to 4.2 back when I was folding and no issues whatsoever. Then my wife went around the house measuring the power consumption...hehe....boy was she annoyed with me....and of course I put all my clocks back to stock.