My Pc Died

T_O_A_D

I'm out for the count, for awhile.

I'm posting from the older machine at the moment.

I shut mine down earlier tonight, and now it won't boot.

No beeps, or lights.

Reset CMOS no luck, I'll pull the battery later, ( Vid card covers it up.)

I am able to make PSU fire up disconnected from the mobo, and all the HD's, fans spool up, short the ones plugged into the mobo. I have also bypassed the case switch, and jumped the pins on the mobo to act as a momentary switch.

I haven't checked the voltages on the PSU yet.

As for now, I'm not going to take anymore of it apart, till I cool off.

Once I confirm the PSU is working, I'll send for an RMA on the Mobo

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

• 2. Administrators

ouch, that sounds bad. Have you tried disconnecting everything apart from the power to see you can get the board to post? It won't obviously, but you should hear an error beep code.

Have you got another rig you can check the processor in? It's a long shot but I'd want to have that checked before bouncing the mobo back to the supplier.

Hope you get it sorted soon m8.

Jabo

In the instruction manual there's a "power phase" section, I believe. Each time you turn the power on, a row of led lights should light up on the top right spot on the mobo while POST. If all those light up there's a good chance there's something else. As you said, measure the voltages from the PSU is a good start. I have the UD3P board so it's similar to yours.

This morning, when moving it around and disconnecting USB chords it booted itself. Windows loaded.

So I shut it down and tried to reboot it, It would not,. Makes me think something has come loose on the MOBO or its circuitry.

Just checked the PSU voltages, it appears good, Testing it unhooked from mobo and other devices.

There are no lights.

So far any amount of movement and wiggling has no effect.

I tried hot wiring the PSU as constant power, and it lights up other devises, but not the mobo or anything plugged into it. IE CPU/GPU

I'm going to contact NewEgg, and go from there.

Yeh, got my RMA # a bit ago.

Dang weather, has tore up some stuff, and my ISP can't keep the connection going.

There has been reports of 16inches of rain and flash flooding, here for last two days.

And its after 5pm, so I can't mail it off before the holiday weekend. :thumbsd:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh I took two items to the USPS at the same time, One I had boxed already and tagged.

The other one I put in a box that they supply (My Mobo) I had a tag for it, and gave it to the clerk, and he said he didn't need it.

Apparently he thought both packages were going to the same place.

I should of looked at what he put on the box myself before I left.