Ohio Dawn Patrol

Snacko

Propnut was down in my neck of the woods this weekend for his annual Ohio Dawn Patrol RC event and invited me over to check it out. It was hot as hell, really... These guys are RC NUTS! I heard one guy admit it was too hot to fly. Wow! He was right, but several planes were in the sky most of the time I was there.

Here are some pics of my short visit last Saturday.

Propnut on the left and Snacko on the right, behind one of his two planes. And no... he has not put a kitten or squirl in his planes yet. (I asked) But maybe next year?

028.jpg

th_026.jpg th_025.jpg th_024.jpg th_023.jpg

And Prop and his buddy RC'er (Dave I think?) Flying his other plane:

057.jpg

That's the beauty of a training chord, and extra control box.

Once he has it up to altitude you can fly it around, and a flick of a switch he is in control, if need be.

Umm...sure...I will put Snacko on a trainer cord with my 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane which took me a year and a half to design (scratch built) and build at a cost of a couple of thousand dollars. Yep...sure....by the way, are you interested in buying any bridges? :D

It was great to have you show up Snacko, it really was hot but a fun day none the less.

David

Scratch built wooden biplanes and triplanes..... I'm not surprised. I've seen your HOMEMADE cnc bench and your computer cases, PropNut. You got some skillz yo. O0

Can't wait to see how the brass case is coming together. High Five!

Tonar, the Sopwith Triplane is powered by a Zenoah G62 (62cc). The 1/4 scale Fokker DVII (the blue and white) is powered by a 40cc Briggs and Stratton 4-cycle gasoline engine. And finally, the 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup (the one in the air) is powered by a 33cc Homelite chainsaw engine (I converted both the Briggs and the Homelite).

Kimo, thanks man! I do like to tinker. The brass PC case is on hold until this winter...too many summer projects to take care of.

David

GREAT STUFF....Andy

one could almost jump into one of does and fly ..eheheeh

post same more if u have.

AC

Here is a link to more pictures of the Ohio Dawn Patrol. Thanks go out to Steve Percifield for posting them on his website (Steve runs the Hoosier Dawn Patrol, September 10-13 at the AMA site in Muncie Indiana and flies the Neiuport 17 1/3 scale in Polish markings in these photos).

http://www.hoosierdawnpatrol.com/2010pictures/10odp/