Isopropyl Alcohol

Dagger

Gentlemen, I'm getting some jerky montion on my X52 pro's rudder twisty axis. So I'm thinking of taking it apart and cleaning the respective sensors with Isopropyl alcohol. Do you think it will be safe? Isopropyl alcohol is used to clean electronics I think...

I use regualr electrical cleaner.

You can get it from a Radio Shack , and even auto part stores.

It comes in a aerosol can, so you can spray pressured solvent into the pots without complete disassembly.

good luck with getting access to the saitek forums.

I've tried to register there several times, and they just don't seem to like me :sad5:

This is one post

If it is a potentiometer problem you will know when you go into the "control" settings on the main FSX screen' date=' click on "calibrate" and and then "properties". If the "twist" jumps all over the place when you twist the stick-a dirty pot!

Unscrew the four "allen screws" on the silver handle and the four "phillips" in the handle. Loosen the the knob that locks the grip height all the way out and [u']Carefully[/u] spread the bottom of the handle and move the back locking piece out of the way. It will seem like you are going to break everything,just do it slowly- it will move out of the way.

Pop the side of the handle with the "Saitek X52" on it and be careful, there is a spring that gives the top trigger tension-and it will fallout easily. Once the side is off you will see a small gold ,round potiometer ( like whats on a volume control on old radios, mounted vertically). Buy a can of turner cleaner(Radio Shack) and spray it into the open notch on the the side of the Potentiomenter where the wires are connected. Twist the handle several times slowly. Put several squirts into it-do not drown it-a little goes a long way!

Reassemble the handle and make sure the spring for the top trigger is mounted correctly.

Like new again!

Let me know if you have any problems with this instruction

NOTE: USE ONLY TUNER CLEANER,NOTHING ELSE!!!!

Just checked and tuner cleaner is Tetraflurothane and white mineral oil.

hope this helps :)

• 4 weeks later...

Isopropyl alcohol is fine, the higher percentage type you get the better (80 to 90%) but I have used it extensively and it's fine. Just make sure you let it evaporate completely before powering up the equipment.