D-Day Redux

DoubleTap

who -hoo Im off so Ill be there -BLUE please

It is a wee bit early tho mate - thats 7pm here and kids are about -any chance of moving it back an hour and a halve to 3.30 your time 2030 GMT ?

If you need any help with planesets etc please let me know

TY

who -hoo Im off so Ill be there -BLUE please

It is a wee bit early tho mate - thats 7pm here and kids are about -any chance of moving it back an hour and a halve to 3.30 your time 2030 GMT ?

If you need any help with planesets etc please let me know

TY

Dave, not a problem. 3:30pm EST should be okay. I'd have a tough time starting later than that, though, due to previous plans.

As far as plane sets go, we should be good. Remember, you helped me with these on the first go round. I think people were pretty happy with them overall.

One thing, though, that I will have to get back to you on. In the interest of not breaking up player teams once established due to imbalances in pilot numbers, I wanted to include second tier fighters for both sides. The idea is that if Red for some reason has more pilots than Blue, instead of making those excess pilots switch, they would be limited to those older/less advanced fighters. I think the first mission is primarily the one I would need to figure this out, as the later missions have more options.

What I would need input on are fighters that are A) fighters which are a significant, but not major, step down from the front-line fighters in Mission One, B) That are historically accurate, as far as in use in and around Normandy in '44.

I will get back to you in regards to what the exact plane models we used the last time D-Day ran.

JA!! I vill fly for der forces of evil this time as last D-day.....when Psycho kept dragging me thru

those flak traps after pissing everyone off vulching them. Ill fly BLUE, but am willing to be

merc if imbalance arrises.

I pretty sure there were a fair number of 109Fs and early model 110s in use in the west by then. I also DO remember reading some accounts of Spit mkVs being used over

Normandy on D-day, and of course there were still a large number of P-51B,Cs in service

on June 6....be sure.

Glen , planesets last time were of course fine, it was just in case you were thinking of altering or adding to them, then I would be glad to offer advice on this or any other points that you may have considered over the last time we played this- I think most will agree that there is no need to make any big changes as it was a great time and very close apart from last mission where I got my tactics a bit wrong :oops:

~S~

dave

• 1. DDz Quorum

:( I missed the last DDay event, and will also miss this one angry9: A birthday party in Minnesota

for a grand-daughter. Having never been on the winning side, I would have selected RED.

:crybaby: Have a good time (really I hope Glenn has computer problems and its set back a week.

Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

I'm In...i think....... will confirm tonight when i get home.

Glenn, would you like me to administer the sides thread like i did for the hell divers?

P.S agree wuth dave about start time. that would ideal for me too.

Glen , planesets last time were of course fine, it was just in case you were thinking of altering or adding to them, then I would be glad to offer advice on this or any other points that you may have considered over the last time we played this- I think most will agree that there is no need to make any big changes as it was a great time and very close apart from last mission where I got my tactics a bit wrong :oops:

~S~

dave

Dave, apart from the second line fighter concept, I would not mind adding planes for each side as long as it "historically accurate" (I know that is a loaded term in many respects) and kept the balance. For instance, I think the P-40M is a neat little plane, and would have some value as a quick strike fighter, but I have no idea is there were anywhere near Normandy, or it was relegated to other theatres by then.

Let me put together the updated manual with the planesets, and send you a copy, and see if there is anything that can be added.

~S~

dave

Dave, apart from the second line fighter concept, I would not mind adding planes for each side as long as it "historically accurate" (I know that is a loaded term in many respects) and kept the balance. For instance, I think the P-40M is a neat little plane, and would have some value as a quick strike fighter, but I have no idea is there were anywhere near Normandy, or it was relegated to other theatres by then.

Let me put together the updated manual with the planesets, and send you a copy, and see if there is anything that can be added.

Here's a site I've found on the D-Day Allied air forces:

US 9th TAF

http://www3.sympatico.ca/angels_eight/9tac.html

RAF 2nd TAF

http://www3.sympatico.ca/angels_eight/2tac.html

It's not an official site, but it looks well researched: official sites confirm most of these aircraft.

lets also get the technical settings defind and agreed as well to maximise performance

no custom skins, connection set to 56k ?

Yes, this will be in the manual. I think I will take Bbloke's advice and set the server to 28.8k, and as always, I will turn off the skin downloads.

~S~

dave

Here's a site I've found on the D-Day Allied air forces:

US 9th TAF

http://www3.sympatico.ca/angels_eight/9tac.html

RAF 2nd TAF

http://www3.sympatico.ca/angels_eight/2tac.html

It's not an official site, but it looks well researched: official sites confirm most of these aircraft.

Thank you very much for these. I was rooting around for a comprehensive listing of the air groups. The info pretty much follows the current plane set, and even mentions the Mustang III's I just added for the Allied Base CAP.

What is interesting is while it lists the specific RAF aircraft generations (Mk IX, V, XI, etc) the USAAF does not.