JP and Rattler go to a hockey game

JensenPark

So, as some of you know, Rattler and I live in almost the same city. I live in the city of Edmonton itself, and Rattler lives about an hour south. Edmonton is a pretty conservative city...which suits me. Rattler lives in a town that could be best described as Badaim-on-steroids. A tad more conservative.

Rattler and I have been planning to get together for a hockey game for a while, and this Friday the stars aligned (wives said 'ok') and we were off.

I met Rattler at my hotel. He was in the lounge drinking a dark beer.

"Drinking a Guiness? Like the taste?"

"No", he replies...I drink British beer. Helps me get in the heads of a Brit. Makes them easier to shoot down."

I avoid eye contact and order a local beer.

We settle up (walk out on) the bill and head to the train.

Rattler had shaved his head recently for a fundraiser for cancer and is just starting to grow his stubble back. I mention I wanted to see him bald to see if his head was really flat, or if it was just his hair cut. He assures me it was just his hair. Mentally I sure he was noting "shoot JP in his 'chute".

Once on the train, I notice Rattler smile confidently. He comments that he likes the new UP2 mod with the 'tougher trains'. He says it makes him feel safer riding in one.

I sub-consciously move over to a gang of black youths...feel safer.

We arrive at the arena and move off with the teeming crowd - packed like sardines in the train station.

I comment about how bad it must be in a subway in Japan with the crowds. Rattler comments that is why he flies Red on Zekes vs Wildcats. Oddly, I agree and move away from new new-found hip hop gangster friends and join up with Rattler.

We get to our seats with the Hot Dogs and fries (get in the the US minds).

I ask if he rolls around in money and guns to get into the mindset of BG and BA. Rattler is visibly upset and asks if his wife Natalie told me. Just a wild guess I respond.

During the game, it is hard to have a conversation as the crowd is cheering for a once-in-a-month home team win. Pete suggests we talk on TS3 as it is clearer, and so the other side can't hear us. I start to see a pattern here.

We spend the game cheering and booing. Depend on whether the girl walking by is cute or a fat chick.

We also discuss tactics and various in-game moves. I discuss strategy at length. Rattler responds his strategy is simply to shoot everything enemy down.

Game is over and we go to leave. Steps of the arena are packed so Pete just shoves someone down the stairs from behind and passes them. "Watch your six better next time Newb!" he laughs.

We jostle and get back to the train. I somehow miss our stop and end up one station past the hotel where we parked. As we walk from the wrong station, Rattler comments "can't read a map without icons eh? Fly Warbirds of Prey more and learn!" I have to agree.

We arrive back at the hotel. Hands are shook and promises are made to get together again soon. Luckily I'm parked on the first level and Pete is on a higher level. I rush me car out of the lot and make my getaway before Pete does a BnZ on me and wrecks my car.

I make my escape safely into the dark and smile at another successful DD meet up.

Holy crap, JP, I nearly spit my coffee out when I read your post this morning! ;D:laughing7:

You need to let everyone know that you're spoofing, or they'll think I'm some kind of UbiZoo IL2 nerd who can't go through life without referencing everything to the game!

I feel like a D&D nerd...

from an X-files episode...

Blaine: (to Jose Chung) Well, hey... I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons And Dragons and not learn a little something about courage.

I had a great time, mate, and it was excellent to see you and share some time together. as close as we live to each other, we should do it more often, and with others from the Dogz in the area.

Natalie says...

Kelly, you weren't supposed to tell!

BTW - what we really talked about....

[Pete] So Kelly, have you infiltrated the upper echelons of Alberta Conservatism yet?

[Kelly] Of course! Well, actually, I'm also infiltrating the Wildrose Party as well, you know; these Alberta Conservatives are still a little too left-wing for me. I need something a little more akin to Sunflower's mindset.

Later, walking down Jasper to the hotel...

[Kelly] You get the one on the right; I'll take the one on the left.....

[Pete] You know, you can go to jail for ones like those 2!

I had a great time, mate! Thanks so much for your hospitality!

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ JP/Pete M8s,

Now THAT was funny !!! ;D

Pete, you should come over to Duxford , I want to see if I can sneak right up on your six in the pub without spilling a drop of a pint of "Ruttocks Old Peculiar" Then I will be truly fulfilled !! LMAO ;)

~S~ Painless

~S~ JP/Pete M8s,

Now THAT was funny !!! ;D

Pete, you should come over to Duxford , I want to see if I can sneak right up on your six in the pub without spilling a drop of a pint of "Ruttocks Old Peculiar" Then I will be truly fulfilled !! LMAO ;)

~S~ Painless

Some day, sir, some day. It's on me and the missus' to-do list.