Smash's new Rig is finished!

Smash

Yes its finally operational not Completely done but it up and running. I just flew il,2 on it and WOW HUGE DIFFERENCE. all it needs now is the cooling system snacko got me and im dealing with a sound issue.

Oh and my Internets not working on it(im using my laptop right now)

Smash

Hey Smash, what rig did you put together? Do you mean you have no cooling at all? Not even passive cooling (the finned heatsink)? 107f is 42c, which is a pretty good operating temp for most computers. A slightly better program to watch temps is Coretemp, it will create a logfile and watch up to 8 cores. It is always fun to tinker isnt it? Have fun with the new system. Here is one that I built a few months ago, and my simpit:

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/468160-project-serenity-another-wooden-case.html

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/568579-simpit-flight-sim-cockpit-case.html

Mr Snako, yes I followed you from the War-Hawks to here. I am looking for a more Il-2 oriented group to fly with, I had a ball the other night thanks for hosting. PM me.

Thanks for letting me reply on your thread for my first post. I am always interested in PC builds and what people do with them.

welcome to the dogz propnut, i must say your cockpit is looking good, have you got any more updates on it...?

No, unfortunatly I have my hands full with grad school. Hopefully when the semester is over (god do I only have a couple more weeks to get those research papers finished?!!) I will have time to get back on it. I would really like to replace the projector with a 28" LCD monitor (Newegg HannsG for 309.99) and I will start to work on the trims, magneto and mixture levers also. I need to pick up another Leo Bodnar controller for the additional axis'. My 42 birthday is coming up in two weeks...do you think my wife will be willing to get me the new hardware?

Speaking of choices...ok this has nothing to do with choices.....you should have stopped by for our "over the holidays campaign" with the War-Hawks. Had a great time, flew several mission out of Tobruk North Africa against Rommels tanks. Wolfhnd set it up and hosted, it was a great time to be had...well, by a few of us.