stuck at 60%

JensenPark

hey all...

I know this is a frequent, frequent issue - but how do you get past the 60% crash while loading Modded version?

Finally, finally have my rig set up and tried to fire up the game but it disappears back to desktop at 60%.

tried running the 3.8 install (which has fixed it in the past when this has happened after a new download - the Halifax)

any other ideas?

I've taken to only installing one Mod at a time now, then running and testing it. This way you know exactly what is causing the problem and can easily retrace your steps and either fix it or get rid of it.

There's a wealth of info and demystifying about the 60% crash here:

http://specialaircraftservice.com/sas/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Check out the other troubleshooting guides and you'll rarely have problems with mods that you can't solve, beta's excepted. I usually follow a thread about a beta I am considering for a couple of days before d/l to see what bugs/fixes come up. I also keep a written list (PIA) for each install (AAA, Ultrapack, etc.) with the mod name, version and date d/l'd so I don't have to wonder if I have a certain update or patch for something.

I have been using only the SAS buttons file (which is updated regularly) for a few weeks without problem. In AAA, it's called the AC Installer but it is only a buttons file for AAA stuff (CRT=2 compliant, as is their policy) according to which AAA mod activator you use. The SAS file tries to have the FMD and EMD files from all available mod sources (AAA, Ultrapack, Check-6, Aviaskins, Italian group, etc.) in their buttons file so you can d/l from other sites and avoid the 60% crash arising from that angle. SAS clearly advises that it is a site for offliners and usually points out if something is not CRT=2 compliant.