Jabo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

You're not alone there mate, I've always been one for going to the window and looking when I hear engines. The best one was a couple of years ago when I was sat in the kitchen, and heard a Merlin in the distance and getting closer. I got outside and realised it was Merlins plural, and a few seconds later the Lanc came straight overhead about 1000ft up. Lovely.

• 2. Administrators

You're not alone there mate, I've always been one for going to the window and looking when I hear engines. The best one was a couple of years ago when I was sat in the kitchen, and heard a Merlin in the distance and getting closer. I got outside and realised it was Merlins plural, and a few seconds later the Lanc came straight overhead about 1000ft up. Lovely.

Last friday about 9pm I heard a very familiar sound and rushed out to see a Griffon engined Spitfire flying above my house at about about 100m in alt heading due south, wonder where she was heading

Last friday about 9pm I heard a very familiar sound and rushed out to see a Griffon engined Spitfire flying above my house at about about 100m in alt heading due south, wonder where she was heading

• 2. Administrators

Nice - I remember seeing that there when Knight and I paid them a visit last year. There are a couple of alternatives though...

The BBMF have two - here's the other (no invasion stripes though) - [attachment=2] Taken at Waddington last year in the rain

Rolls Royce also have one (stripes on underside only) - [attachment=3] Taken at Duxford Legends 2007 (note the 'artistic' composition

• 2. Administrators

Nice - I remember seeing that there when Knight and I paid them a visit last year. There are a couple of alternatives though...

The BBMF have two - here's the other (no invasion stripes though) -

164_ce43dc4a5d82a4c6bf7217a6085d5595

164_999a86fc695556b45c4281d00888330e

• 2. Administrators

What artistic composition jabo? Am I missing something?

Possibly. I've got something of an ambition to get a shot of a spit starting up with the flames coming from the exhaust. This time I got into position and just got...smoke. Grrr

~S~ Plaindress.

Gingham?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

What artistic composition jabo? Am I missing something?

Possibly. I've got something of an ambition to get a shot of a spit starting up with the flames coming from the exhaust. This time I got into position and just got...smoke. Grrr

~S~ Plaindress.

Gingham?

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've promised the wife that next year I'll take her to England for an Anniversary present. (so happens to be July 12th)

We've obtained passports, now its just up to saving enough, or obtaining extra Credit Cards.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've promised the wife that next year I'll take her to England for an Anniversary present. (so happens to be July 12th)

We've obtained passports, now its just up to saving enough, or obtaining extra Credit Cards.

It would be great to meet you and BG (I met JP last year) If the proposed extension to the Red Lion is done it should be big enough to hold all the dogz :) I did notice a lot of grass areas were a tent/caravan could be sneaked in (I dont think they would mind being as we all have breakfast and drink quite a bit :drunken_smilie: