latest model - zero

delta7

after 4 months of building work we are getting back to appproaching normal so dug out my stuff and started on this 1/48 tamiya zero - beautiful kit , just falls together

I made a mess of the instrument decals , should have used the eduard pe set so some are hand painted but in normal conditions difficult to spot

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

light filler is tippex - very little needed

DSCN0128.jpg

after 4 months of building work we are getting back to appproaching normal so dug out my stuff and started on this 1/48 tamiya zero - beautiful kit , just falls together

I made a mess of the instrument decals , should have used the eduard pe set so some are hand painted but in normal conditions difficult to spot

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

light filler is tippex - very little needed

DSCN0128.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

She's a beauty Mate. And Sweper, yeah that is exactly what he is talking about, and this is the most dangerous part, as Murphy has a bad habit of showing up just now (touch wood). This is why I only build Armor.

Looking great delta!

I wish I had more time to start on my boxes that I still have laying around.

Outside paintjob very well done! How did you manage to get the green/greyblue part so fluent (from wingroot to tail, undercamo)

If you need any tips on weathering and such, just send a pm, I can guide you on ts if need be :)

Hi sged - the plane was sprayed allover the light grey first, then the demarcation line was done with tamiya masking tape and the top painted - I used tamiya acryllics throughout.

I plan to only lightly weather it . I will do a wash to highlight the panels then very light chipping. I will do faint powder lines for the exhaust and guns and then put a final coat of varnish 50% klear to 50 % satin to dull it down a bit

If you have good tips for effective chipping then please post them here mate , mine always look a bit overdone and false

I like how this guy finished his

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/7221064657?r=1561005677#1561005677

so will probably try to be very similar

zero finished

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0276.jpg

has a problem with the varnish so not entirely happy with finish, was very smooth until I put on a coat of silk and when it dried it was streaky and has not dried to a smooth finish so had to do some repairs which wernt as good as the origonal paint job - I suppose its only really noticable if you look for it but a bit annoying after all the work