Sound Issue

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Having now seemingly sorted the crackle and pulse on the video sound (by re-installing the Audigy2 software) I now have another problem.

I can not turn the volume up to any decent partner annoying level before I get a sound not dissimilar to a finger being pushed around the top of a crystal wine glass (go on, you have all done it to impress the kids!). Not good on the ears.

I have not moved speakers from previous positions.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

Cheers

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Right click speaker icon in task bar (or in control panel - sound and audio) in "Device volume" section click advanced button.

Click Options > Properties in next window, then in next click the "Recording" radio button make sure "What U Hear" is ticked and "Line-In 1/Mic" (or whatever your Mic is plugged into), then "OK", make sure "What U Hear" is not selected in the "Recording Control" window that appears, and your Mic is selected.

This sounds like it is feed back generated by the what U hear being selected.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, thanks Roger,

That seems to have sorted it, however, after testing a dvd and playing 2 tracks of a cd, then re-starting the cd, i now have the crackle and pulse back...grrrrr.....got to go out shortly so will try otherthings later.

thanks for help anyway, as allways, its very welcome,

Cheers

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, so round 2 of a problem which i can see building to the complexity of Jabo's frame rate issues....

1. Feedback now seems to have gone.

2. Game sound Ok.

3. Microphone works and records (although as an asside i found that if you have more than 2gb of memory windows sound recorder will record but when it comes to saving, says "not enough memory". This is a known bug!)

4. Streamed video from a cinema web site worked the first time after booting up, the second time I tried to watch a trailer, I get the crackle and pulsing back.

5. There is little or no sound from VLC media player when trying to watch a DVD. Pule and crackle still evident.

6. Windows "bings", "bongs" and "chimes" are also fine.

This crackle sound problem was evident before I changed the cd-rom for a dvd drive. Something must have gone wrong with my system previously. Virus and spyware checks upto date.

Any "sound" experts wanna have a go a cracking this one? I am offering the services of Sister Rebbeca from the Priory for the person that nails it!

Cheers

Friar

i would go and uninstall and then reinstall the sound card driver. also check that u have correct speaker configuration. hollow sound can come if u have 5.1 setup but only 2 speakers. also it seams that simple sounds are not making problems (like .mid) but the multichannel do. maybe could be problem with installed codec pack.

• 1. DDz Quorum

ISSUE NOW SORTED (I've nailed Sister Rebbeca and don't give a damn about the sound for now)

1. Uninstalled sound drivers

2. re-installed sound drivers

3. re-booted

4. got bluse screen of death - driver install overrun-could cause security risk

5. re-boot to safe mode.

6. uninstall drivers

7. re-boot

8. re-install drivers

9. un tick "digital device" in sound properties

10. dvd, cd, windows "bings" and "bongs", streamed video from net, game sound (speakers), game sound (headphones) now all working.

Normal Service Has Been Resumed. yipee!

Case Closed (lets hope........)