What's wrong with my graphics settings?

Snacko

• 1. DDz Quorum

Which drivers are you using?

With my ATI 4870 and the latest 9.1 cats Perfect works well, although I have noticed some anomalies (JP's screen shot of his downed 109 have what is best described as moving artefacts in the shadow areas).

Mind you my card is a single card, are you using Crossfire?

Does disabling Crossfire help?

It is possible, as Knight said, to use the atiogx.dll from an early Catalyst driver pack, I have not found it to be successful with the 4870 though - it does work with 4850's which is odd.

• 1. DDz Quorum

My experience of drivers and the 4870 is that there is a minimum driver version that supports the card.

Attempts to use earlier drivers (via the atiogxl.dll in the IL2 folder trick) resulted in IL2 being unplayable, even the menu was almost impossible to use.

So I would venture that the Omega drivers will not work with your card.

You can tell which drivers support your card by referring to the release notes with each driver, available on the ATI site.

2Gb RAM missing - so it does not show in post?

If that is the case then a BIOS update may remedy this, are the sticks all the same make/speed?

2Gb RAM missing - so it does not show in post?

If that is the case then a BIOS update may remedy this, are the sticks all the same make/speed?

Here is a post I made on the xtremesystems.org forums about this memory problem:

First of all, let me say I am a total noob to all this new hardware and how to tweak it.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Err.

You have a 4870X2 card right?

And that has 2Gb DDR3 memory, that is where your RAM has gone!

This is the memory mapping limitation of 32Bit XP you are experiencing.

When you get your XP64 you will see your RAM again :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Scratching my head here now M8, this is pretty Kookie (sp?) stuff.

Getting into realms of contacting Asus Tech Support I think, you have followed the steps outlined in the manual and put the sticks in the right slots.

You probably already know this useful; resource:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=763615 (Corsair's own memory selector for your mobo)

Their forums are excellent too:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

did u try to put the memory in A1 and C1 slots?

i have found on google a guy that have problem fitting 3x2GB on the motherboard. and that the max that he can get recognized by the board and that cpu-z is 4bg in the mentioned combination

• 1. DDz Quorum

Best 64Bit Firewall is Kaspersky (thanks Jabo)

Comodo does a 64Bit version, but I found it randomly crippled comms with other systems on my network, YMMV.

@ GEC I think part of the issue here is it is an i7 board that does triple channel, but Andrew is trying to get Dual Channel to work, I'm not particularly up to speed with Intel hardware..

But there is no harm in trying alternate slots.

Straw grasping time...which chipset drivers did you installm8, the ones off your driver CD, the ASUS site or the ones from Intel Chipset Downloads? I would go for the latter.

Yes the BIOS does not care what OS you are running (there is a Plug and Play OS option that hands interrupt assignment for attached devices over to the OS but this won't affect your memory issue IMO) - I think you are being asked for the OS because of the 32Bit memory limitation.

You need to state your issue is:

1. RAM installed in slots A1 and B1

2. Post screen indicates 2040Mb installed

3. CPU-Z indicates 4096 installed

4. 64Bit OS indicates 1.99Gb installed

5. Make and model of mobo and BIOS version

6. Make and model of RAM

Good luck m8, and let us know how you get on (obviously continue to post questions here :) )

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well the version of English that Asus wrote the manual in does tend to imply you can run dual channel with 2 sticks...

However the selling point of this new architecture is the triple stick setup...

houseofhelp, the corsair forum, may shed more light for you m8.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Great!

Shame that your manual does say, in two distinct places, that you must use A1 and B1 for dual channel/two DIMMs, and that all other combinations are for Triple Channel.

Got to love their Technical Author....or not!

• 1 month later...

Well, I just thought I would post some resolutions to the topic and other problems that I posted in this thread...

First, The Topic that started this all was graphic display problems starting with a black terrain.

Have not see that yet, but I just fixed this yesterday and have not flown much at all.

What I noticed was tearing and stuttering when I was in the cockpit and I turned my head back and forth really fast.