Internet Speed Test - Download and Upload

Blairgowrie

Speed-Test.jpg

sqed and I were discussing speed tests last night. I use several but find this one to be the most reliable and accurate. Usually, I select the Chicago one but the closer the better. Arsenal, I see you have one right in Atlanta. It would be interesting to see some examples from the DD's and Hellers, and in particular, the gents who host.

Here is the link for the speedtest: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

BG

Did some test myself..

Dutch connection test; => download 901,5 kbyt/sec upload 30,4 kbyt/sec connection 721,0 con/min

Since I'm much online with you guys from the UK and US, I did some more tests with a UK based server, a random based US server, and 2 tests on the site BG posted...One with New York as host, the other with Chicago as host...

Note that though the download speed varies, the upload is pretty much constant....

UK:

speedtest11.jpg

Random US:

speedtest22.jpg

You think my connections are good or great?

New York based test:

speedtest3.jpg

Chicago based test:

speedtest4.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

speed.jpg

Results of my lowly 521 ADSL line, I am told I'm finally getting a free upgrade to 2Mb next month, upload should be in the region of 600-800 too :)

Asynchronous speeds are normal, but Sged your upload is relatively urm... appalling seeing that figure alongside your download speed.

Again this reinforces the need for us to get our network connection speed right in the IL2 setup, and to use the lower of the two figures as our target.

Did the game remain smooth last night?

FROM BG

It was very smooth and didn't see any lag but we didn't have that many players about a dozen if I recall, so it wasn't a true test. But I definitely think we are heading in the right direction. At least we now all have an understanding of what is involved. The true test should come when Glenn does his next "biggie"

results to chicago - I have virgin.net as ISP

download 1849 upload 237

Iv just checked my ISP and I have a free upgrade option to 6mbps so Iv signed up for this - they need to check my line to make sur eits compatable but hopefully I get this soon :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Bloody hell BG, impressive.

There's me sitting here doing a 2Gb download of the Beta Windows Driver Kit (thinking of seeing if I can make a 'combiner' for joysticks like the CH offering) and seeing it's going to take 11 hours!! :(:lol: