Air start at sea on a dogfight map

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Can someone put me right on how to set an airstart on a dogfight map at sea please.

Also can you orinintate the direction of flight at the start?

Need it for a project i am working on.

Cheers

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

For your dogfight map, did you define the home base and the plane list available to it? and if so how did you then provide waypoints for the aitcraft. I really dont know/understand how you can.

Did you then fire up your map as an actual dogfight server map and was the base/choice of plane selectable ?

Cheers

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

I thought that for a dogfight map you need to define the home bases so that the players click on them when signing in, and then select one if the aircraft available to it. Is that not the case? do you just need to define the airbase colour? How then do you define the planes available to that airfield if the list is retricted. if so then i have been a numpty on this one

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, sorted. I deleted everything i had had done and started again. I put in test runway 4 and then assigned a home base to it and set up the required aircraft. i then started up a dogfight map, job done. so i dont know what i was doing wrong before.

Many thanks

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Found what it was I was doing wrong.

I was reducing the size of the circle around the base to a size that was too small.

When I leave it at the default diameter, it works. Thats one for the memory banks! LOL

Cheers and thanks again.

Friar

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit late, but there is a way to create an airstart on any dogfight map EVEN THOUGH other spawn points are ground starts.

Place two airstrips (start with a visible one first for orientation) perpendicular to, and directly on top, of each other so the icons line up.

Pull one aside, and place the home marker on it, and enter in whatever aircraft you want on it.