Anyone confirm JP's whereabouts lately?

GreyKnight

Sixth human foot found in Canada

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7462953.stm

Another human foot encased in a running shoe has been found on the shores of British Columbia in Canada, the second this week and the sixth within a year.

Like four of the others it was a right foot, a police official said.

The foot was found near Campbell River on Vancouver Island and appeared to have been severed, a witness said.

Police, who are not speculating on this, are trying to determine the origins of the feet and whether they are any links between the discoveries.

The latest find was on Wednesday when a woman collecting rocks spotted a shoe-clad foot on a beach.

Another woman who manages a tourist campground at Campbell River, a fishing town on Vancouver Island, accompanied her to the spot.

"I could see two white bones sticking out of a black sneaker," Sandra Malone told the National Post newspaper.

"It was definitely severed, like it had been sawn off."

However, police are refusing to speculate on any possibility of foul play.

"In the first four cases, police have no evidence that the feet were severed. It is too early to say if this foot was severed," police spokeswoman Annie Linteau said.

On Monday, a left foot was found on another island off Vancouver.

Like the previous four, it is believed to have become detached at the ankle, in a process called disarticulation.

Forensic experts say it is not unusual for body parts to become separated after they have been in the water for a long time.

Running shoes help to preserve the remains and because the soles are buoyant, the feet are brought to the surface.

Last August, two human feet washed up on the beaches of small islands off Vancouver. Then in February a third single, right foot drifted ashore.

The fourth foot was discovered on a beach in suburban Vancouver in May.

Investigators are looking at the cases individually but are also trying to establish if there any links.

Forensics experts are taking DNA samples and police are also trying track down the manufacturers of the shoes and then the shops where they were sold.

But with so little concrete information, theories abound.

Organised crime, boating accidents - even the 2004 Asian tsunami - are all being offered as possible explanations

Y'know this is darn peculiar,and kinda morbid as well.This is happening around JP's territory alright.

I shouldn't say this but I'm gonna...this reminds me of a wet feet squad.Someone's gonna make a horror flick called The Isle of the Severed Feet....geez,I better get some sleep.

You guys crack me up.

When the fifth foot in a running shoe washed up on the shore recently - but a left foot and not a right foot like the others - people seemed quite disappointed that the 'right foot only' streak was broken.

Dubbo lives closer to some of the discovery sites I think.

No evidence of foul play or that they had been severed ...................ooookaaay. I'll take thier word on it.

I'm know where I'm NOT gonna take my next vacation though.

I'd still start packing heat if I was gonna wonder around there. Then they would have a bullet riddled body of some whackjob float up to the beach.

God, how have I managed to stay off sixty minutes and CNN all these yrs? :P

I'd still start packing heat if I was gonna wonder around there. Then they would have a bullet riddled body of some whackjob float up to the beach.

Wouldn't you want to keep up the suspense (tradition?) and cut off his right foot before throwing his body in the ocean?