Problems assigning commands to controllers.....

retnavycpo

I have had IL2 since it's release, but took it off my machine soon after trying it years ago.

Last night I reinstalled "Forgotten Battles" onto my new gaming computer. It wasn't long before I remembered why I hadn't flown this sim.

I have all CH Products controllers, and am having trouble getting the various functions of the sim assigned to the buttons on my controllers. I was able to get the necessary things like pitch, roll, ailerons, etc..... assigned. But can't get the guns/weapons to fire. What I would like to do is use the same assignments I use for FS9 (understanding that weapon stuff isn't applicable to FS9).

Anyway, any ideas?

Also, are there many updates/patches/free addons for this sim? Pardon me if this particular information is in some FAQs already.

Retnavycpo

Hi - your best bet would be to head over to www.airwarfare.com and check ou tthe faq there , there is also a guide section

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm and if you scroll down you will see the tech section with how to set up joysticks.

there are many free add-ons - see the same site and also official expansion packs

most people fly with il2 forgotten battles+ ace + pacific fighters + PE2 combined

there is a link in the guide section above to installing and patching which explains everything in detail

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm

hope this helps

Hey Chief! Glad to see that you registered.

By the way dogz, retnavycpo is an old friend of mine, and I'll get him up to speed on the game part, but I had no clue on the CH stuff, so I asked to post here in the hopes that someone who uses CH products could lend a hand. I appreciate the links there Dave. I didn't even think about AirWarfare, derrrrr. :BangHead:

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you email me your CH profiles I will gladly take a look.

I have Pro throttle, Quad Throttle and Pro Pedals coupled with a MSFFB2 stick.

I can very likely create the profiles for you that you will be able to use and print using the CH map printing utility :)