Computer specs

Beebop-RIP

• 1. DDz Quorum

I had to contribute too :)

This thread is well worth a read, some wicked humour out there :)

Posted Wed May 31 2006 19:56

Originally posted by -HH- Beebop:

Power supply: 1 Squirrel/1 squirrel cage. Max CyclesPerMinute (approx)88 (1 cycle= 1 wheel revolution)

Processor: 12 cebus monkeys X 12 Remington typewriters, model 3B

Memory: 1 elephant, external/serial port

Video: 1 cebus monkey X 1 Etch-A-Sketch Classic

Audio: 1 Monk Parrot/1.0 sound.

I guess for BoB I'll need another squirrel, another elephant and 12 more monkeys at a minimum.

Sorry Beebop, I know you posted these screenshots and photos of your rig on our private forums, with strict instructions they should not be circulated, but I felt it was in the communities interest to post one of your non-photoshopped screenies:

arthur.gif

Your missus posted this too, now I know it's only a 12th of your system:

monkey.jpg

monkey.jpg

Grrr! I told her not to send a pic of the OLD processor. The Remington 'B' model typewriter was my last upgrade. (It was made in 1932 BTW) The pictured model is one of my old "Celerytron" processors I had when I got my first computer. Thomas Alva Edison made it special for me.

Now you may not see a difference but the monkey is an upgrade too. The original (pictured) only had a 1 Byte cache but my new one has a 2 Byte cache, one used for the instruction at hand the second stored in his cheek for the next instruction. You'd be surprised how much faster he is.