What is a dad?

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, today, in my house, an electronic hero..!

Please excuse this little piece of trumpet blowing, but I have just successfully replaced the touch screen in my daughters Nintendo DS, saving me approx £80 ! on the cost of new one

Go daddy, Go daddy, Go daddy........

(trumpet replaced in cupboard)

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Chris,

It was actually quite straight forward, just a bit fiddly. It cost me £25 all in for a new screen and special 3 point screwdriver.

I had to sus out how the ribbon cables were fixed to the circuit board, once I had done that, as I say it was not too bad.

I got the screen from a firm in Devon. Placed the order Friday morning, it arrived with the postman Saturday morning. They do a repair service as well. If you want the details I'll forward them.

Cheers

Colin

Bravo Friar. Rest assured that your daughter will remember that act of kindness for quite some time. Another great parent / child bonding moment for the DD's forum. Actually kinda' gives me the blues as I don't see my little one that often. Thanks for being "our" HERO too mate.

Logos :iwg:

• 1. DDz Quorum
Rest assured that your daughter will remember that act of kindness for quite some time.

I doubt it she is 12, nearly 13 going on 33. Knows it all with an attitude to match sometimes. Wont do much around the house, even complains about a "Voluntary Chores Chart" being put on the wall.

Rest assured that your daughter will remember that act of kindness for quite some time.

I doubt it she is 12, nearly 13 going on 33. Knows it all with an attitude to match sometimes. Wont do much around the house, even complains about a "Voluntary Chores Chart" being put on the wall.

Very nice and handy work Colin.

I have the same as Mick and Kelly. 2 boys - lego, hockey, fight, fight, wrestle, hockey, etc etc ad nauseum.

The younger one is quite a fixer though - when one of his toys stops working for whatever reason, he takes it apart himself.