Those were the days

Blairgowrie

I have started looking back over old photographs and thought I would start a thread and periodically post some golden oldies for you.

The first couple of pics are of my SS 398 cubic inch Super Sports Camaro circa 1967. It was an absolute beast to drive with stick shift, posi track and 4 barrel carbs

SS-Camaro-2.jpg

Note the dished wooden steering wheel and

I have started looking back over old photographs and thought I would start a thread and periodically post some golden oldies for you.

The first couple of pics are of my SS 398 cubic inch Super Sports Camaro circa 1967. It was an absolute beast to drive with stick shift, posi track and 4 barrel carbs

SS-Camaro-2.jpg

Note the dished wooden steering wheel and

Nice car BG.

I scanned some older photos today & here are a couple of my Babe with her 1979 Camaro Z-28. Got a 1971 350cu. in. with 4 bolt main & holly 4 barrel carb under the hood & a higher geared rear-end. She's done 160mph before starting to lose vacume between the car & the road.

scan001.jpg

scan002.jpg

We still have that car, but it needs lots of work we can't afford for the time being.

Nice car BG.

I scanned some older photos today & here are a couple of my Babe with her 1979 Camaro Z-28. Got a 1971 350cu. in. with 4 bolt main & holly 4 barrel carb under the hood & a higher geared rear-end. She's done 160mph before starting to lose vacume between the car & the road.

scan001.jpg

scan002.jpg

We still have that car, but it needs lots of work we can't afford for the time being.

~S~ Mates.

Nostalgia is cool. BG, I think you meant to text SS 396 for your 1967 Camaro. Do you have any idea what that car would fetch at an auction house today ? LOL, I reckon near $30,000 grand at LEAST. I surf e-bay just to check out old muscle cars up for bid. People are beginning to drop over a hundred grand for nice original muscle cars with the right options. I would kill for a 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible with the four speed pistol grip shifter.

Nice Camaro you got there too mate. BTW, did your beloved encourage you to send that bikini shot to us twisted lot of perverts or have you snuck that one in under the radar? lol!

If I ever figure out how to send picture attachments I got a few good ones I will send out. Thanks for the memories mates.

Logos :driving::driving2: :coppers:

~S~ Mates.

Nostalgia is cool. BG, I think you meant to text SS 396 for your 1967 Camaro. Do you have any idea what that car would fetch at an auction house today ? LOL, I reckon near $30,000 grand at LEAST. I surf e-bay just to check out old muscle cars up for bid. People are beginning to drop over a hundred grand for nice original muscle cars with the right options. I would kill for a 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible with the four speed pistol grip shifter.

Nice Camaro you got there too mate. BTW, did your beloved encourage you to send that bikini shot to us twisted lot of perverts or have you snuck that one in under the radar? lol!

If I ever figure out how to send picture attachments I got a few good ones I will send out. Thanks for the memories mates.

Logos :driving::driving2: :coppers:

Nah. She gave her permission because the front of the car wasn't cut-off in that pic. Anyway, she's ok with old pervs; after all she lives with one. ;)

It is good to see other muscle car lovers here. No matter how fast you can make these new beer cans go, they just don't have those big motors. Nothing beats the vibration of a big motor at idol or the way it feels as the cars frame twists a little as all that power transfers to the wheels. :o:)

Nah. She gave her permission because the front of the car wasn't cut-off in that pic. Anyway, she's ok with old pervs; after all she lives with one. ;)

It is good to see other muscle car lovers here. No matter how fast you can make these new beer cans go, they just don't have those big motors. Nothing beats the vibration of a big motor at idol or the way it feels as the cars frame twists a little as all that power transfers to the wheels. :o:)