Greenstreaks model progress

Streak

Well I'm still not done, but used my extra day off to get a whole lot closer.

Some pics of the painted interior when I first started the La-7 project.

model001.jpg

model002.jpg

Then a few of progress to date.

model005.jpg

model004.jpg

model003.jpg

I still have to paint the panels behind the exhaust flaps, add exhaust & cannon staining, decals, and a strand of the little woman's hair for the antenna wire.

(Edit) These pics suck. By the time I got the camouflage to show-up the light blue underside started looking light grey or white.

You'll just have to trust the colors are correct when viewed in person.

~S~ Streaks

• 1. DDz Quorum

Oh...almost forgot...

'Little Womans Hair'....is that the same 'Little Woman' that holds a big whip and wears chain mail?

I hope it's a moulted hair 'cos the bruise is bound to show otherwise :icon_lol:

There is nothing sexier in the WW2 skies than one of Lavotchkin's finest!

Great choice and looking good :)

What scale and who makes that kit?

It's the 1/48 scale kit from Academy.

very nice- I'm going to have to get a spray gun - its so much neater.

This is my first attempt at camo or model building at all since at least 20 years ago. The airbrush I'm using is a $20.00 Coleman Powermate running off of a can of compressed air. It's actually quite adjustable & does a pretty good job.

This is my first attempt at camo or model building at all since at least 20 years ago. The airbrush I'm using is a $20.00 Coleman Powermate running off of a can of compressed air. It's actually quite adjustable & does a pretty good job.

Hey Greenstreaks- I've googled that but only come up with really expensive Coleman generators... do you have a link to the product, or perhaps a quick picture to let me know what to look for at a hardware or hobby store? That's way more reasonable than the 200$ they're asking for an airbrush without the (200$) compressor at the hobby shop around the corner...

Cheers,

C_G