Could we have a training map? Many times I have heard people say that they are unfamiliar with the aircraft in the mission. Sid has done a great job helping people on a Thursday morning but if we had a map with cold dark starts for all aircraft on our server and airstarts for level bombing with an obvious target it would be easier to help anyone who needs a hand with honing their skills before coops.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I guess we could drop the tank server during the week and use it for training and practice.

I will have a look at building a new map that could be run on the server that has both elements, a tank range, a bombing / ground attack range for aircraft as well as a nice big concrete runway for testing take offs and taxiing.

How would that sound?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think it would be a very useable map if you were able to do it FriarĀ šŸ‘Ā I am assuming the time of day would have to be set or does it depend on the real time of day and the time the map is in rotation?

To have it available to use for training and practice is an ideal situation as it means a bunch could use it at the same time. However, an individual could set themselves up in the quick mission builder and select either a simple flight or use the advanced selection that gives specific targets for specific aircraft eg. airfields or other targets for level bombing if that is the aircraft's role. Time of day can be selected on either but I don't believe you can select a 'cold start' in the advanced builder.

A list of airfields used operationally by Ar234s isĀ hereĀ but others eg. Deelen (north of Arnhem) work aswell.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Friar said:

I guess we could drop the tank server during the week and use it for training and practice.

I will have a look at building a new map that could be run on the server that has both elements, a tank range, a bombing / ground attack range for aircraft as well as a nice big concrete runway for testing take offs and taxiing.

How would that sound?

You could also have it running on our normal DF server me thinks?

Use an EMG DF map on Bodenplatte, remove the objectives (so it does not rotate) and add the training stuff? Keep number if AI's fairly low ...Ā 

And keep tank server running?