Airfields for jets

• 1. DDz Quorum

Chaps/Meine Herren

If you are looking for an airfield that can land and allow enough room for a take off run for the Ar234 and Me262 on the Bodenplatt map, try these airfields in 'Quick mission builder'. If you find any others please post name and map square in this thread. See this thread https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/79119-airfields-for-jets/

Rheine           0628

Hopsten        0529

Hesepe         0431

Twente         0624

Achmer        0531

Munster       0930

Vorden         0432

If you air start on the map try landing first and then take off - I haven't selected an air start with the Rocket assist packs attached yet so I'm not sure if they stay on. Try the drogue chute on the Ar234, it works a treat....although....once used, that's it. Can't do circuits and bumps with one drogue....Alternatively, select a ground start for your mission and maybe it will place you on one of these airfields.

Hint ALWAYS use Rocket assist on the Ar234 to take off, apparently that is what happened in ops. Select them in the 'Modifications' list. Activate by using the 'Rocket' key, hold down though, it isn't 'one press' like firing a rocket weapon. Once in the air, release the button and release them using the 'Jettison weapons' key.

Cheerzen

• Thanks 1