GOT IT!!!!!! X52!!!

DAZZA

Ok i bought it

i just went into the shop and i bloody well bought it!

hope to be online tonight, havent had a go yet stuck in work

given i already have a saitek stick- do u think i need to reinstall drivers or can just use the installed ones?

Dazza - you will need the profiling software to make it work - go to UBI forums and find a post by tully - in community help section is best - and in his sig there are links to profiles- this will help you get started. he has instructions on what button does what in the download. he has good instructions in www.airwarfare.com in guide section for setting up sticks in general

good luck

• 1. DDz Quorum

The X52 will use the programming software, and it is worth getting your head round using it and programming it - or at the very least getting a copy of Tully's profile ;)

I think you will need to install the drivers.

What colour lampshade did you get for it? lol

Ok all you X52 pros, I figured I would would ask this here since Dazza might also want to know as well.

When Using the Stick programing software, Do you first map all of the functions to the keyboard in the SIM, and then tell the Profiler what button goes to what key? :scratch:

Aye thats how ive done it

the advantage of that is that you can assign a single joystick button to several different commands.

For example ive got the big E button assigned to views but if i use the pinky shift then it becomes brake.

dont ask me why, ive got some strange combinations, but im just working through what suits me best.

the other night I found out that having my airbrake for the p38 next to the bomb release button but on a pinky shift was needing just a bit too much manual dexterity.

havent really bothered with the different modes yet. Mode 1 is for everything, although Mode 2 is gradually becoming a kind of 'shit im in trouble' mode, with fire extinguishers, prop feathers and stuff

a good tip i came across for views is assigning one of the POV hats to mouse view to look around, and then making the pinky shift mode slightly less sensitive for mouse so that you can exercise fine control looking around if you click that in

although if you have TIR this is a moot point.

I got an X52 as well, and finally sat down and attempted to program all of the buttons. I was doing pretty well until my brain caught on fire. Deciding what button will do what and when is not exactly an easy undertaking, not to mention this stick feels totally different from my old Sidewinder that's 10 years old. I look forward to dying more than usually in the coming days, but I can already see that eventually, I will be better off than with my old stick.

If anyone is interested, lets use the FTP to host our different profiles for the x52 - I'd like to see how other people are using their buttons and tweak things. If you do decide to upload it, call the profile "IL-2 " so we know who's who.

• 1. DDz Quorum
If anyone is interested, lets use the FTP to host our different profiles for the x52 - I'd like to see how other people are using their buttons and tweak things. If you do decide to upload it, call the profile "IL-2 " so we know who's who.

Put it in Essentials, this can be done from the web page.

Far be it from me to be a hypocrite and ask for a serious answer, but:

has anyone upgraded from the X45 to X52?

Is it really worth it?

So did Beebop. And you had your chance to ask him last week and blew it. :cry:

Yea, I blew it alright. I mean, when am I ever going to get a chance to confer with him again?

If only there were some kind of electronic way to send messages...or some thingy I could speak into that would allow him to hear on the other end.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till I see him face to face again.