Shoreham Airshow - Any Takers?

BluBear

Hi chaps,

Who would be interested in going to the Shoreham Airshow this year? It's held on the 1st-2nd Sept.

I've been going for a few years now and it's rather enjoyable. However, I understand due to it's location (south coast) it may only appeal to us southerners.

The line up this year looks good (Vulcan, huzzah!):

I probably won't commit to one day until i've got a clearer idea on the weather situation!

So, who's in?

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Christoff sir,

I would love to go as long as I'm not too F..ked up ;) That's right at the end of my treatment program.

Were you thinking one day only or one day and one evening ?

I live around 40 miles from Shoreham so B&B at mine is on offer if required :D

~S~ P.

~S~ Christoff sir,

I would love to go as long as I'm not too F..ked up ;) That's right at the end of my treatment program.

Were you thinking one day only or one day and one evening ?

I live around 40 miles from Shoreham so B&B at mine is on offer if required :D

~S~ P.

I sincerely hope you are well enough to join us Mr P!

If there are a few of us, then I'd be happy to make an evening of it too. There are plenty of eateries around there, being close to Brighton and all.

Who knows, perhaps we should have a jolly good thrash in the city?! :D

It's only about 70 miles for Fen and I, and the journey is normally pretty straight forward.

It would be an honour to experience Chez Painless though! :lol:

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ BB old chap,

OK then! We can sort out the details a little nearer the time. If we want to have a sensible Pimms or pink gin, perhaps even a small Bacardi we will need to park the vehicles up for the night. :P

~S~ P.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Sunday is looking logistically like the preferred of the two, but if the weather makes Saturday the better option well logistics will just have to go out of the window!

Current weather forecast look like it'll be cloudy with 10-15mph westerly winds on both days but given our climate of late, who bloody knows!

Splendid! We'll see you there matey. It's unlikely I'll be able to stay too late in the evening after the show now due to other commitments and work the following morning. But I may be able to throw a sausage or two down my neck haha