London Visit

SkyPup

Cultural Learnings of Britain for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of USA

Fellow mutts,

The Strife and I just finished a week's stay in London. It was a blast. Did the usual tourist-y things: museums, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey. The double-decker buses were cool, but we especially liked the Tube, an easy way to get around. All great stuff. We love the pubs too, and had the traditional things...fish & chips, bangers & mash, steak & ale pie. And of course we did our best to sample as many local brews as possible. I don't think I gained more than about 10 pounds or so. I'll exercise extra hard next week. Right. Took a boat down the Thames for a visit to Greenwich. Had to claw our way through the Japanese tourists to stand on the prime meridian line. ("Excuse me while I jump the queue here, I'm a Dawg, you know"). On the final day, we saw the Cabinet War Rooms, the underground bunker from which Churchill and his staff directed the Battle of Britain. It's worth crossing the pond just to see that exhibit, truly impressive. And I couldn't resist buying a few souvenirs, including a Spitfire Pocket Manual, "approved by the Air Ministry". Not as cheesy as it sounds, some great information in there, with performance data, operating notes and some pilot logbook entries.

A wonderful visit, we'll be back.