high pings

delta7

Delta,

If your internet connexion use the telephone cable (loop) in the house:

Unplug any phones, filters, answering machine you may have plugged on the house loop(thats the cable that run around the house connecting all the phone plugs, its actually a loop) buy a brand new phone cable 2 meters long

tested again 350 last night 120 this morning - must be net traffic on the servers - I have changed nothing on my side.

helpless support got back - usual standard replies about updating drivers , making sure no virus programs are running in the background, switching computer and modem off , leaving 10 mins and switching back on an you were right drinsky - making sure nothing else is on telephone line.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I guess that is what is meant by 'NTL Hell' M8.

Could be time to consider an alternative ISP unless you are locked into a contract.

You are on ADSL right?

In which case you may well be on ADSL Max already, or about to be upgraded to it.

Be advised that you will experience increased latency as they will 'interleave' the packets to improve reliability, a good ISP will turn interleaving off...but I'm not sure NTL fall into that category.

Also if going to ADSL Max you will experience frequent time outs and slow downs as the line tests and stabilises itself, normally over a ten day period.