IL2 Config Bbloke

Mr Palava

Hey guys

Apart from tweaking the config to get more fps wich Bbloke mentioned Tuesday night, is there anything else i can do to my system to squeeze more out?

I noticed in a previous post guitarman posted his DXdiag up. Now i would do the same but can anyone honestly be arsed to look through it to see if there can be improvements?

I have an old SB live 5.1 upstairs in an old machine, would that run better/faster than onboard sound?

Plus, i haven't got round to finishing my FSAutostart yet cos it's too damn gobbledegookey. Haven't a clue what to leave or turn off yet. Like i said, not enough time for trial and error...

I'll probably post a few things up during tonight... cos I've got my head in someone else's rebuild and its a rush job. :(

Test your current game and settings before making any alterations and make a note of your settings before changing anything so you can back track.

I test using the Black Death track from 0.05 secs to 1:10 secs (I miss the stutter from the LA5 and FW cos its the recorders stutter and to me not really relevant to testing).

Check your in game refresh rate with Fraps.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Dxdiag looks good.

Only thing to experiment with is sound acceleration, having it accelerated is taking CPU cycles.

If it sounds OK on 'Standard' and you get a lift in FPS (following Bblokes test guide above) then great.

To lower it run the Dxdiag tool, and lower acceleration on the sound tab.

SB Live vs nForce....performance wise the same, quality wise I'd say the nForce is better.

well after an hour or so of tweakin the config, i'm happy so far :)

Using the Black Death track i start with 60 fps which doesn't drop untill the road attack where it averages 40/55 never going below 35fps. Quite an improvement on default config which averaged 30/40fps lowest being 19!

Nvidia settings used :

Geforce6800GS

1024X768 32bit

AA 2XQ

AF 4X

Conformant texture clamp : Use OpenGL specification

Extension Limit : OFF

Force Mipmaps : BILINEAR

Negative LOD Bias : CLAMP

Transparency Antialaising : MULTISAMPLING

Trilinear Optimisation : OFF

Triple Buffering : OFF

Vertical Sync : ON

I'm hoping the processes bit helps give me some valueable resources back!

Looking good so far.

I have my ATI mipmap detail set to Quality rather than high quality and I cant tell the difference!

I also have my card set to triple buffer (my preference - test that and see how you go!)

You also show 60 fps when starting Black Death.

• 2 weeks later...