Setting Up Controls /joystick Problems

Im having a real hard time setting up my controls. Ihave tried setting up a new profile for ROF and it seems my joystick wont accept shift or control commands

e.g. when I set up shift+r for open radiator it will only input r ( reload guns)

I have a saitek x-45 and running version 6.6.6.9 of the saitek software on windows 7

anyone have any ideas what I mighrt be doing wrong ?

Im having a real hard time setting up my controls. Ihave tried setting up a new profile for ROF and it seems my joystick wont accept shift or control commands

e.g. when I set up shift+r for open radiator it will only input r ( reload guns)

I have a saitek x-45 and running version 6.6.6.9 of the saitek software on windows 7

Hi Dave,

I'll try it tonight (the Shift + key) and see if it works for me. I don't have a Saitek so I can't help you there.

C_G

HI Delta7, are you running the x-45 profiler ? If you do I would suggest not to. The sim will recognize your joystick and all its buttons so you don't have to load up your x-45 profile.

MT

unfortunatly I have ch pro rudder pedles which shows up as joystick 0 so I cant use the program defaults

I have reassigned the keys to single and it seems to work with that, I think the conflict is with the saitek profiler program as when I try to test the profile it crashed my machine

I agree with MT. When I had the X52, profiles did not work. I just input everything as a single command in RoF and then saved it. It is a pain if you unplug any joystick and plug them back in in a different order and, like you said, RoF recognizes the joysticks by the order they are plugged in not by their names.