What Mods With Up3?

Ok, just need to check in with you UP3 gurus. I have downloaded and installed UP3 and flown a couple of single missions and it all seems to be working fine.

A couple of questions.To use UP3 I just move it across in JGSM but are the only mods I can use are the ones with #UP# in front or will the other mods from my old 4.10.1 work as well?

Which raises a second question. What mods, if any, do I need? Are most of the mods that were needed now incorporated in the update?

I must say it has made a big improvement to the game in visuals, FMs and, I think, sounds. I haven't flown over a forest yet but individual trees look much better that CloD even if they don't sway in the wind. It will be interesting to try it out on line.

It's not recommended to use JSGME mods in UP except for the ones properly marked. All Mods for Ultrapack go in the #UP# folder, the MOD folder does not work with Ultrapack any more. I only have a few things in my #UP# folder, I'm not planning on massing with it much until the release version comes out. I have HSFX 5.0, SAS Modact 3.0 and UP 3.0 all running out of the same folder, and it works a treat. It takes up much less room than 4 separate installs too.

• 2. Administrators

I've obviously missed something here, but I don't have a #UP# folder. :thumbsd:

see boomers post 2nd down,

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,4056.0.html

download his mediafire link.

The #UP# folder is the same as the old 'Mods' folder.

• 2. Administrators

Have you a link for the version of the Plutonium pack you're using Kev? The version I've got crashes the game at 30% mission loading.

Jabo

***EDIT*** Not to worry, I found the solution over on SAS (disable one of the classfiles). Seems to be working OK now.