1/32 Me 109

delta7

99% complete

DSCN1014.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN1011.jpg

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN1005.jpg

just the aerial wire and cockpit canopy wire to do - might do some light weathering later on

21st centuary toys kit , eduard etch for pit and seatbelts and eagle cal decals

nice kit - only real bugbear were that machinegun bulges were poor so I didnt fit them and the airleon balance were not included in the kit and are a distinctive feature on 109s

• 1. DDz Quorum

Great build!

Here's a thought: put some extra object in the pics, so one can really see its size...

(I've ordered a 1/32 110 night fighter... dunno when I'll get around to build it... 1/24 Mossie is still in its box, as are several other 1/32 sets...Thinkin' of getting me a 1/32 Swordfish...)

@rattler - definatly look at the eduard etch - I used this one http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ED32075 and the coloured seat belts and it really improved the pit . I used eaglecal decals and have spares if you need any let me know and Ill post them to you

@ fooltrottle , it isnt that big , 11" long with a foot wing span, my 1/48 phantom is about the same length .

Nice Me-109, Delta7.

I've got a 1/24 Spit (the MPC kit, the moulds were bought by Airfix which is still producing it) which was a royal flashy pain in the keister to clean up prior to building... it's about 80% done, but I keep revisiting it (to sand and fill the fuselage join line post-painting) so it's taking me forever to get it done... frankly getting more than a little sick of it, LOL.

I also have, in their boxes, the 1/24 Airfix 109E, and the Trumpeter 1/24 Hurricane I which both look very nice and I'm itching to get going on them, but the 1/24s take up so much space once their started that I'm holding off. I'm looking forward to having the three iconic BoB fighters built. I wish there was a 1/24 Bf-110 to complement them.

Cheers,

Angus